bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
bruce mars ZXq7xoo98b0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness

These Five Halloween Candies Are Surprisingly *Not That Bad* For You

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

Halloween’s just around the corner and we find ourselves confronted with sugary candy everywhere we turn. Although it may seem nice at first, most of us want to avoid the guilt trip we’ll be giving ourselves after ten pieces. However, there are some healthier options to lean toward when selecting your candy for the spooky season. Get ready to feel good about what you eat this Halloween!

Special Dark Hershey’s Chocolate

Yes, this is chocolate. However, dark chocolate is actually loaded with nutrients that can actually improve your health. Snack on two miniature chocolate bars for a total of only eighty-eight calories. Natural born chocolate lovers will definitely choose this option when deciding what candy to enjoy this Halloween season.

Twizzlers

Twizzlers are surprisingly one of the healthiest candies you can go for. They have zero grams of fat and you can snack on a few for only a hundred calories. Looking for a non-fat, healthy-ish snack? Choose Twizzlers and you can never go wrong!

Peanut M&M’s

Peanut M&M’s are a must have around Halloween. Lucky for you, they’re actually a better candy option than most. They’re full of protein, fiber and even calcium to improve your day. Pick up the snack size to lower your intake and you’re set!

Mini Reese’s Peanut Butter Cups

These Holiday favorites are a great option when craving that peanut butter chocolate mix. Plop in two or three to stay under a hundred calories. Even better, pick up the dark chocolate kind for extra antioxidants. Another plus, all of the annoying little wrappers will help limit your intake to only a few. This is a great option for the Halloween season!

Tootsie Rolls

Surprisingly, Tootsie Rolls are not a bad option when selecting your Halloween candy. You can have up to five minis and still stay in a desired calorie range. They are also low in fat, making it okay to consume more. You can’t go wrong with a classic like the Tootsie Roll!

This year, don’t feel guilty about treating yourself on Halloween! Stick with the options above and you’re set! A helpful tip is when you’re selecting your candy, opt for the mini or fun sizes. You can eat only a couple and still feel satisfied. Remember your low-fat options and always stick with dark chocolate! This year, let’s be able to trick or treat… but make it at least a little bit healthy. 

Photo Courtesy of Matheus Bertelli on pexels.com

Hello! I'm a Sophomore at Hofstra University, double majoring in Journalism and Dance. I love coffee and peanut butter with a passion. I have lots of opinions and love writing about pretty much anything, so I hope you enjoy what I've got to say!