6 Tips to Embody Your Inner Girl Boss

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

International Women’s Day may have just passed, but that doesn’t mean we can’t celebrate the awesome women that are all around the world every day! Including you.  You have the capability to do whatever you want to do, and can accomplish whatever you set your mind to. How, you may ask? Follow these tips, and in no time you’ll realize just how much of a girl boss you really are.

Photo Courtesy of Unsplash.com

1. Positivity is Key

Staying positive is the number one factor to being a girl boss. We are all amazing human beings and we have so much to look forward to in the future! We can do anything we put our minds to, don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. As my best friend once said, “We are thriving and surviving.” She’s right. We are absolutely thriving and surviving, and we are going to do great things in the future. 

2. Prioritize What is Really Important

This factor is something I actually learned very recently. I’m a person that loves to busy herself, but I never say no to anyone when they ask for my help. I never want to let anyone down, so I’ll do more for others rather than helping myself. Recently, I realized I needed to start helping myself. Get all of your work done, give yourself a break. Figure out what is most important to get done now and then you can do anything else. Getting yourself in a good state of mind is key for a positive view on life.

3. Get Organized

The best advice I can offer to anyone to get organized is to get a planner. I write everything down in my planner, homework, clubs, appointments, everything and anything. Color coding everything helps too, it lets me know how much of each subject I have to do each day. You can’t be a girl boss if your life is disorganized! 

Photo courtesy of unsplash.com

4. Get Toxic People Out of Your Life

Ever hear the saying “your vibe attracts your tribe”? It’s true! If someone isn’t making you happy and does nothing but bring you negativity, get them out of your life. If you surround yourself with negative people, you’ll feel negative. Surround yourself with positive people, so their personalities will rub off on you!

5. Find Something You’re Passionate About

Do what makes you happy. Everyone has a passion. Whether it be sports, writing, cooking, teaching, community service, etc, your passion will make you shine! 

Photo courtesy of Unsplash.com

6. Confidence

No matter how much others believe in you, you ultimately have to believe in yourself! If you believe in yourself, you will succeed. You’re a girl boss, so make sure everyone knows.

Follow these six tips and you’ll be feeling (and acting) like a girl boss in no time! 

Cover photo by Unsplash.com