4 Delicious Snacks You Won’t Feel Guilty for Stress Eating

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hofstra chapter.

It’s that time of year again when midterms and deadlines suddenly coming closer and students are stressing out. And when we’re stressed, we’re always looking for a good snack to calm us down. Our first instinct is to reach for those bag of potato chips or even a sleeve of cookies that leave us feeling guilty after we’re done. Now it’s time to change the way we snack and eat food that power our minds to help us power through this stressful time of year. Here are a few snacks that are tasty and won’t leave you feeling guilty afterwards!

1. Skinny Pop

Never leave a room without it.

A post shared by SkinnyPop Popcorn (@theskinnypop) on

If you’re a popcorn lover like me then you’ll definitely love this healthy alternative. Popcorn is a great snack that you can mindlessly eat while working on a paper or reading a book but it can be extremely unhealthy for you. It contains a ton of oils and butter that aren’t good for your body. Instead, you can opt for Skinny Pop that has fewer calories and is way healthier for you. Skinny Pop is great because it contains no artificial ingredients, it’s gluten free, nut free, and has zero trans fat. You won’t feel guilty when sneaking an extra bag of these while studying.

2. Goldfish

Goldfish is an old classic for a quick and healthy snack. I remember eating these when I was a kid during lunchtime and I still love to snack on them to this day. The little snack packs of Goldfish are only 60 calories and only 20 of those calories are from fat. These snacks are also great because they can be combined with other meals! I like to have my goldfish crackers with a warm bowl of tomato soup, and they’re pretty filling, so all you need is one little snack pack to keep pushing you through the day. 

3. Dried Fruit

If you’re craving something sweet but don’t want to opt for something unhealthy; dried fruit is the snack for you. Dried fruit are pretty healthy but they do have some downsides to them. The upsides of dried fruit include that they are full of antioxidants, vitamins and generally contain a good source of fiber. The only exception to this rule is that vitamin C is reduced when the fruit is dried. My choice of dried fruit are raisins. According the Healthline.com studies show that eating raisins may “lower blood pressure, improve blood sugar control, decrease inflammatory markers and blood cholesterol, and an increased feeling of fullness.” All of these factors can lead to a decreased chance of getting type 2 diabetes and heart disease.

4. Luna Bars

If you’re someone who wants a wide variety of flavors in their snacks then opt for Luna Bars! All Luna Bars include 8 grams of protein, are gluten free, and are made with organic oats. And they come in 20 different flavors that will satisfy whatever craving you’re having. My two favorite bars include the S’Mores bar, made with organic oats and cocoa, and the Chocolate Chip Cookie bar. If you’re looking for a little more protein in your snack, Luna Bars have special protein bars that come in seven different flavors including Chocolate Salted Caramel and Berry Greek Yogurt.

I hope this helps you out in your snacking endeavors. Remember that it’s okay to pick up a snack but make sure it’s something that fuels your body and your mind. And since finals are coming up before we know it, you’ll need all the snacks to get prepared. Leave a comment below and tell us what snacks you like to eat when studying for an exam.

I am a Video/Television and Film major with a Journalism Minor who is passionate about animals, movies, television, music, beaches and hiking. I enjoy spending time with my friends and going on adventures whether it is hiking or just taking a road trip.