Cherries
Cherries
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon
Wellness

Smoothies for Everyone: The Sweet

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Helsinki chapter.

This article series is all about getting into making delicious, healthy, and different smoothies! Each part focuses on one central aspect of the smoothie. This one is all about the berries and the fruits – in other words, what make smoothies SO GOOD. Make sure to read the first three parts of the series if you need some general infoadvice on the base, and on the greens.

Berries

Berries are a fantastic addition to your smoothies. Packed with vitamins and flavour, these can take your delicious drink to the next level. Some flavour combinations I recommend are strawberry-ginger, cherry-cocoa (think cocoa powder, fresh cherries and coconut cream) and redcurrant-turmeric.

Citrus Fruits

Flavour, flavour, flavour! Citrus fruits (like lime, orange, grapefruit, etc.) give you that energy and the sharpness that can be balanced perfectly with sweeter components like pineapple or banana. They also go well with carrots (if you don’t believe me, try it!) and greens!

The Smoothie Smoothers

These are bound to give your smoothie the perfect, creamy texture: mango, banana, and avocado of course. Each one goes with a variety of flavours as well, which is a wonderful way to experiment with different ingredients! For a sweeter taste profile, go with mango or banana. For a more neutral creamy (or savory!) smoothie, pick avocado. I find that the texture is equally important with flavour in my smoothies, and these are just the best at giving you that silky-smooth texture!

In the next and final part, we’ll share advice on the veggies!

Want to keep up with Her Campus at Helsinki? Follow us on InstagramTwitter, and like us on Facebook.

Helsinki Contributor