Booooo-ty Me Down: A Dorm Workout Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Hampton U chapter.

As a college student, you don’t always have time to do a workout, don’t have the right resources to eat healthily, OR as a college student, you don’t have the funding to get a gym membership! But we are still human and need to keep our body clean and healthy, not just physically but mentally as well.

Here are 6 easy peasy workout routines you can do in the house or dorm that specifically focus on your abs, back, the social media hourglass figure and of course DAAAAA BOOOTYY! If you live by this routine and set goals for yourself, I promise your summertime body goal will be achieved!

The Workout:

Body

• 3 sets of running with high knees in place for 30 seconds with 30 seconds rest in between

• 3 sets of 10 jump squats (don’t cheat yourself, this is gunna make the booty pop)

• 3 sets of 10 walking lungs and other lungs such as forward, alternating, and reverse  

• All of the exercises above are good cardio! They’ll get your heart rate up and have you sweat very easily!

Abs

600 Ab workout:

• Crunches

• Dead Bugs

• Toe-Touches

• Superman

• Leg lifts

• V-ups

• Suitcases (My fave!)

(Do 100 of each ab and will put you at 500)

Booty

• Squats! (If you’re feeling a little extra, do it with any size weight you feel comfortable).

• Planks! *This is not the one to skip! Rock back and forth, from left to right and watch that hourglass figure come into place. Also with the thin waist and big ole booty, you’re unstoppable.

• 3 sets of 30 sec. wall sits (It’ll burn but just think of the booty in sundress season)

Her Campus Contributor Account 
Ania Cotton

Hampton U '18

Ania is a charismatic, outgoing, fun loving individual with aspirations of owning her own public relations firm. Her favorite shows are Spongebob, Regular Show, and Bob's Burgers, and she loves to eat. Ania graduated from Hampton University in May 2018 with her Bachelors of Arts in Strategic Communications with a minor in Spanish. Ania loves to talk and give advice to her friends and family; the motto that she lives by is to always be a blessing to others because you never know who may need it. To learn more about her, visit her website at www.anianicole.com.