This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GWU chapter.

Her Campus writer Juliet decided to whip up a batch of her turkey chili. Just 30 minutes and $10 (that’s less than $3 per serving!) is all it takes to make a clean, protein-packed lunch for the week!

Turkey Chili, makes 6 servings: Prep time 10 minutes, Cook time 20 minutes

Ingredients:

• 1 lb of lean ground turkey
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • 1 can crushed tomatoes with green chiles
  • 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1 can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
  • 1/2 yellow onion, finely chopped
  • 2-4 cloves of garlic, minced
  • 1 tbsp olive oil
  • Salt and pepper to taste

Heat 1 tbsp of olive oil over medium high heat in large saucepan. While oil is heating, finely chop half of a yellow onion and 2-4 cloves of garlic. Add onion and garlic to the pan. Let cook for 2-3 minutes, or until the onions begin to turn transluscent. Add 1 lb of lean ground turkey to pan, using a fork to break up as needed. 

Reduce heat to medium low, and add 1 can of tomato sauce along with 1 can of crushed tomatoes to the pan. Mix to combine. Rinse and drain 1 can each of black beans and pinto beans, adding to pan and mixing to combine. Add 1-2 cups of frozen corn. Add salt and pepper to taste, reduce heat to low, and let simmer 15-20 minutes or until bubbling. Remove pan from heat and store in tupperware for up to one week! Be sure to top your chili with low fat shredded cheese, plain nonfat greek yogurt, or chopped onions!

HCXO, Enjoy!

Nutrition Info Per Serving:

• Calories: 290
  • Fat: 6.8 grams
  • Carbs: 39.3 grams
  • Protein: 24.3 grams