4 Reasons Freshman Should Be Excited About Attending GSU

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at GSU chapter.

So long high school and hello college! With move-in day and the first week of classes behind us, being a Georgia State student is now a reality. As a college freshman, this school year is going to be a time of new experiences and unforgettable memories. With back to school season in full effect, there are a few things I’m looking forward to during the upcoming semester. Read on to check out what I’m most excited to experience as a GSU Panther.

1) Being in the heart of downtown ATL.

Georgia State’s campus is not traditional and I absolutely love it. As someone who is a city girl at heart, I’m going to love having so many eateries and hangouts within walking distance from my classes.

2) Connecting with new people.

College is a great opportunity to branch out and diversify your friend group. Whether it’s in class or in my residence hall, I want to get know new people and hopefully create long-lasting friendships.

3) Attending classes about various subjects.

This year, my schedule includes everything from Introduction to Philosophy to History of Motion Pictures. While core curriculum classes aren’t something anyone is thrilled about taking, I am excited to expand my knowledge and learn as much as possible from my professors during my freshman year.

4) Stepping into adulthood.

Becoming a college student and living on campus means that I won’t have parents to guide me every step of the way anymore. It is certainly nerve-wracking, but I am enthusiastic about gaining independence and learning how to live on my own as an adult.

Photo credit: http://welcome.gsu.edu/

Olivia Hancock is currently an undergraduate Journalism student at Georgia State University. She has over four years of experience in the editorial and social media field. Her written work covers lifestyle, entertainment, fashion, and beauty related topics. I have been published on platforms including PRETTY GIRLS SWEAT, Her Campus, 21Ninety, The Life Currency, and xoNecole. Most recently, she joined the Atlanta-based One Music Fest editorial team and Colour Beauty Inc's social media team as an intern. She now serves as the Campus Correspondent for the Her Campus GSU chapter.
The GSU chapter of Her Campus