This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

The official kick-off for Mason’s Homecoming Week 2018 is around the corner and I’m here to get you in the know of all the events going on around campus. Trust me, you will not be disappointed!

The Homecoming Parade (February 5th, 4:00pm)

Courtesy of Creative Services Multimedia and Photography

Join our students, faculty and staff in a school-spirited parade starting at Merten Hall all the way to Dewberry Hall in the Johnson Center. This year, organizations and departments will be parading on golf carts!

Kick-Off Party (February 5th, 5:00pm)

After the Homecoming Parade, march into Dewberry Hall in the bottom floor of the JC to get amped up for the rest of the week. There will be a burger bar full of cheeseburgers, hamburgers and veggie burgers with unlimited condiments and fries. Also, the women’s and men’s basketball team will be making an appearance.

Movie Night (February 6th, 6:00pm)

via Screen Rant

It’s a basketball-themed movie night in Dewberry! At 6pm, Space Jam will be playing followed by Coach Carter at 8:30. Bring a friend, some pillows and a blanket! There will also be lots of giveaways!

Related: 7 Reasons to be Excited for the New Semester

Day of Service (February 7th, 12:00-6:00pm)

Give back to the community with Mason’s Day of Service in the Hub Ballroom. You can donate cans or non-perishable food items, give blood or both. This is the perfect time to do something for others who may be in need alongside your fellow Patriots.

Women’s Basketball and Men’s Volleyball Games (February 7th, 7:00pm)

Want to support the women’s basketball team or our men’s volleyball squad? There will be two games to pick from on Wednesday night, so whether you’re into hoops or nets, you have two games to choose from. The girls will be playing against George Washington in Eaglebank, and the boys will be playing against Barton in the RAC Gym.

Cold War Kids Concert (February 8th, 7:30pm)

via Homecoming GMU

This year’s headliner is Cold War Kids! Doors open in the Center for the Arts at 7:30pm and tickets are also on sale now in the Office of Student Involvement (Mason Money ONLY) or at the CFA. You don’t want to miss this epic night.

Lip Sync Battle (February 9th, 6:00pm)

You don’t want to miss this: it’s the Lip Sync Battle! Watch as a number of teams around campus battle to see who has what it takes the be the next Lip Sync Champion. The event starts at 6 in Dewberry Hall.

Tailgate/Block Party (February 10th, 1:00pm)

Get turnt Patriots because tailgate is definitely the most lit event of the week– that’s why it’s the next to last event. Bundle up and get your hot chocolate thermals ready (because no alcohol is allowed) and come out to get hype with the Mason community before the big game.

Men’s Basketball Game vs. George Washington (February 10th, 4:00pm)

Of course the big finale is the game! Watch as our men’s basketball team take on George Washington. The Eagle Bank Arena is going to fill up fast, so you want to get your tickets and seats early.

If you need anymore info on all the homecoming events coming up, check out the official homecoming page!

Bri Hayes

George Mason University '20

Brianna "Bri" Hayes is a Community Health, pre-nursing student from Richmond, Virginia studying at George Mason University with a strong passion for editorial and journalistic writing. Brianna spent her whole high school career studying communications and media relations under a broad spectrum, including experience in journalism, public relations and marketing, videography, film and production, graphic design, and photography. At Mason, she’s the president of the National Pan-Hellenic Council and a member of various organizations including the Omicron Iota Chapter of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc., Patriot Activities Council, the Akoma Circle Mentoring Group, and Student Involvement. In her spare time, Brianna likes to read and explore new places and things. After graduation, she hopes to fulfill a career in nursing and public health.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com