This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at George Mason University chapter.

Food and cooking is definitely something that brings me comfort, and also gives me something to do while bored. Here are some of my favorite recipes that I’ve been making lately.

1. Creamy sundried tomato pasta

This is easily my most repeated dinner recipe because it’s so quick and simple, but tastes like an expensive dish that you would order at an Italian restaurant. If you don’t have half and half cream you can substitute it with store-bought alfredo sauce cans as well.

2. Chicken burrito bowl

Craving a chipotle bowl but don’t feel like spending the money? Luckily, burrito bowls are actually pretty easy to make, and you probably already have all of the necessary ingredients in your kitchen. What’s even better about this recipe is that you are sure to have leftovers, which you can eat the next day if you’re feeling lazy. You can even use the leftover rice for the next recipe that’s listed!

3. Shrimp fried rice

Do you have leftover rice that no one wants to eat anymore? This is the perfect recipe. Fried rice is fairly quick and easy to make and you can customize it with your favorite veggies and proteins to make the perfect meal.

4. Greek salad

Growing up in a Mediterranean household, this salad is a staple that is always on our table. This can be eaten as a side or even as a full meal and is very healthy and refreshing.

5. Tiramisu 

I’m the type of person that can’t go a day without eating something sweet, and tiramisu has been my favorite lately. It’s so satisfying to make and actually surprisingly less complicated to make than I thought. Although this recipe calls for ricotta cheese and store-bought cool whip if you’re able to get your hands on mascarpone cheese, and if you’re down to make your own whipped cream using heavy cream, it will taste even better.

Amira B

George Mason University '22

Amira is a student at George Mason University pursuing a degree in Global and Community Health. In her spare time, she enjoys reading, baking, and experimenting with fashion and makeup. In the future, she hopes to work in the field of Public Health and be able to travel the world.
George Mason Contributor (GMU)

George Mason University '50

Want to get involved, or have a story idea we should write about? Email us! hc.georgemason@hercampus.com