Wellness > Health

Supplements to Help You Pop Off

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Furman chapter.

We live in an age where we focus all too often on our physical appearance. Being confident in yourself is a worthy endeavor, but I think a better approach to loving your body without verging on superficiality is making sure you get the right nutrients. 

I’ve been on quite the journey, but I find so much joy in working out and feeling myself get stronger every day. However, I have to take care of my body by making sure that I get the nutrients and calories I need. 

I’ve been trying a few supplements over the past year, and so far, they have worked well for me to feel healthy and strong. Especially during COVID-19, I emphasize protecting my immune system.

Fermented Chlorella is one of my favorite supplements to take in the morning. Not only does it boost your immune system, but it detoxifies your body from any heavy metals, acts as an antioxidant, improves blood sugar and blood pressure levels. It even helps with menstrual cramps and depression. Check that the supplements are ethically manufactured and budget-friendly. 

I make sure to take Vitamin C supplements every day. Vitamin C is an antioxidant, helping to promote longevity and boost your immune system. I recommend finding a delivery method that works for you, whether a tablet or a chewable vitamin. 

I make sure to take probiotics every day to boost my overall gut health. Probiotics help to balance your bacteria, which in turn can help boost your mental health, reduce allergies, and boost your immune system. Make sure to continue taking the supplements regularly to avoid throwing off your body. I use a women’s brand from Whole Foods, but find a brand that works for you.

Lastly, I recommend finding a women’s daily multivitamin that works for you to cover other bases and make sure you’re getting everything you need. If your routine is different, you’re going to have to make sure you’re not overdosing in any area. But I emphasize finding a brand you trust and something you can stomach along with everything else. My personal favorite is linked below:

I believe that bodily health can improve your skin and mental health, as well as overall energy levels. Taking care of myself in this way is one of my favorite forms of self-care. I hope you explore different supplements and can find what works best with your body!

Evelyn is a freshman at Furman University, hoping to double major in Politics & International Relations and German. She hopes to attend law school, being a Legal Intern at Norton Rose Fulbright, where she writes legal case notes on Supreme Court case rulings and gives speeches for the Houston Bar Association. She loves hiking, public speaking, and volunteering. Her hobbies are listening to new podcasts, organizing closets, and hyping up her friends!