Welcome to your one stop shop regarding everything health and fitness. Weekly to bi-weekly, “Training with Tara” will support our readers’ needs of fitness inspiration, workout guides, healthy meals and more. So don’t be afraid to send in requests for next week’s column; we’ll be glad to accommodate.

Everyone has a preferred workout method. Whether it’s strictly cardio or lifting weights, it’s nice to find a regiment that works best for you. But if you’re sitting there wondering why you haven’t found that specific workout routine yet, that’s okay, too.

Undecided

TRX – Choosing your major can be difficult, but in time it’ll come to you and you’ll find your perfect fit. Just like the TRX, it might be hard to master at first, but after a couple of tries you’ll get the hang of it.

Environmental Science

Yoga – Yoga is all about your connection and presence with what’s around you and your personal self. So while meditating in your deep restoration known as savansana, one can think about how they are impacting the world and how they can make a change for the better.  

Criminal Justice

Boxing – Studying the criminology system might shine a light on all the injustice in the world. So come pack a punch during a boxing class and let out any tension while learning a couple of self-defense moves.

Exercise Physiology  

Weight Lifting – Who says girls can’t lift? The exercise science major knows that if they decide to work out with weights they won’t just bulk up; they will actually tone muscle and burn fat. So lay all those myths to rest and grab that barbell.

Risk Management

CrossFit – Just because you evaluate risk, don’t be afraid to try new things! CrossFit is a something everyone should try at least once … just be careful with the jump box.

Educational

Barre – Be one with your inner child and partake in the ballet class you wish you took when you were 5. You might not be as flexible, but your muscles will be thanking you the next day.

Engineer

Pilates – Being an engineer can be hectic. That is why Pilates might be a good fit for you. Focusing on the relaxation of tense muscles can allow you to momentarily forget about that Mechanical Systems exam in two days or that lab project the whole class is confused about.  

Retail Merchandising & Product Development

Spinning – Just because you love fashion doesn’t mean you’re afraid to break a sweat. So grab your favorite pair of lululemons and rock that dad hat as you begin your 45 minute ride. 

Even though one method might be your preferred routine it is best to change up your workouts to encourage different muscle groups and rest others!

All gifs courtesy of giphy.com.

Tara Lawson-Corley is a Florida State University graduate. She majored in Retail Merchandising & Product Development with the goal of someday working for a fitness driven retail company. Hopefully later on she will be able to own her own successful fitness boutique or at least that's the dream. Tara enjoys the occasional Netflix binge, reading numerous fashion magazines, and finding new and exciting ways to workout.
Her Campus at Florida State University.