If you’re anything like me, a college senior about to graduate, then you must always have one word on repeat: stress. College can be stressful. From juggling classes, work and future career plans – graduation can sneak up on you and bite you in the you-know-what without you even noticing.

However, it’s always important that we treat ourselves, meaning treating every aspect of ourselves. We always have to remember to treat our minds. Think of your brain as the gasoline to a car – without it, the car will never operate. Treat your minds like your morning cup of coffee (I mean, if you can wake up and feel energized without coffee, please teach me your ways).

Your body is what fuels your mind to keep going – without your body, you can’t go anywhere! Treat your body with respect and give it what it deserves every single time.

1. Treat yourself to some yummy breakfast – with coffee, don’t forget the hot cup of coffee.

Let’s face it – whoever wants to wake up to the blaring sound of an alarm at 8 a.m.?! (Or, if you’re a morning person, 6 or 7 a.m.). But, as the day calls and drags your body from the warmth and comfort of your bed, make sure to fuel your body from the start. Eat a healthy breakfast of oatmeal, fruit, or yogurt and granola and drink that cup of coffee!

2. Treat yourself to a cold shower in the morning – trust me, you’ll never feel more refreshed.

Have you ever woken up and immediately thought “I NEED a cold shower today?” Me either. Until I tried it – and it was life changing! Start off by inching into cool water and slowly turning the knob to a comfortable cold temperature. You’ll never feel more refreshed, clean and energized to tackle the day!

3. Treat yourself to your favorite deliciously-smelling face scrub and mask.

We all have those days – those school/work days that went terribly wrong, “I need a nap” type of days. When those days roll along, don’t worry, you’re not alone – we all feel them too. But instead of moping around wishing it went different, turn it around! Treat yourself to your favorite face scrub or face mask (mine is personally St. Ives’ Apricot Scrub, it’s so good!) and scrub those sorrows away! You’ll emerge feeling relaxed, refreshed and smelling amazing!

4. Treat yourself to a burger, a slice of pizza or ice cream – trust me, you deserve it.

Yes, eating healthy is a must so we can live long, happy and healthy lives. But what’s wrong with tantalizing your taste buds with a juicy burger or cheesy slice of pizza once in a blue moon?! Don’t restrict your body from enjoying the tasty things in life. Although eating greens and lean meat every day will always be great for your body and mind, taking a cheat day to treat yourself is always necessary.

5. Treat yourself to a breather once a week.

Don’t let the stress eat you alive. After a long week of work, classes and studying, make sure to give yourself the YOU day you deserve. Put away your textbooks. Hide those notes. Flip on the TV, go for a run on one of Tallahassee’s most beautiful trails, take a long bath or explore the world around you. Life is too short and time goes by too quickly for you to constantly feel stressed or anxious.

Make sure to take care of YOU first and foremost before you take care of anything else in your life. The top priority should always be you. Make sure to always place yourself as number one before you tackle anything else!

All gifs courtesy of Giphy.

Hi! My name is Krysten Brenlla, an FSU senior double majoring in Public Relations & Editing Writing & Media, from beautiful Miami, Florida. I'm an aspiring Integrated Marketing guru, with a passion for movies, television shows, mystery books (Agatha Christie all the way) and finally, writing!
Her Campus at Florida State University.