Strong Arms Girl
Strong Arms Girl
Her Campus Media
Wellness > Health

Three At-Home Workouts for the Girl that Hates Exercising

After two weeks of staying home and self-quarantining, I finally managed to become bored enough to do the one thing I always swear that I will NEVER do: exercise. Everyone who knows me is aware of the fact that I will do absolutely anything except for workout because I honestly just cannot stand it but eventually I decided that if I’m going to be stuck in the house, then I might as well be productive.  

Obviously, exercise is not my thing so here are a few workouts that I’ve grown to tolerate.  

Melissa Wood Health  

I’ve been following Melissa Wood for a LONG time and I’ve even mentioned her in a past article, but the truth is that I never actually tried any of her exercises until a week ago. However, I will say that they have easily become my favorite exercises to do especially because they’re quick and I can do them inside (I avoid the sun like it’s the plague.) Melissa is all about using smaller movements to create long lean lines which is great because it means I get to do exercises that don’t really require me to get up from the floor. But I have to say the best part of these workouts is that I can hear her breathing through her microphone which actually reminds me to breathe through exercises, making them way easier to get through. 

You can access Melissa’s workouts through her app Melissa Wood Health ($9.99 a month) or through some YouTube videos that I’ll link below! 

Full Body and Ab Flow 

Express Booty Series 

Unsplash / Bruce Mars

Megan Roup Sculpt Society 

Cardio has to be my least favorite exercises but it’s one of those things where I just tell myself to suck it up and get it done. Meghan Roup’s workouts make doing cardio slightly more bearable because they’re dance workouts as opposed to the classic boring cardio that I was used to. Although I’m the absolute worst dancer because I have little to no coordination, I actually found these workouts to be somewhat fun and they were definitely effective. 

Meghan Roup workouts are available through her app, The Sculpt Society ($19.99 a month) or on YouTube 

30- Minute Cardio and Dance Workout 

Woman running with a sunset in the background
Image by skeeze from Pixabay

Swimming 

This one was a little harder for me to get into because like I’ve previously mentioned, I hate the sun. But honestly, if you’re blessed enough to have a pool in your backyard during quarantine, you might as well be using it. Just be sure to apply sunscreen religiously (I mean it. Dark spots and wrinkles are no fun. You’ll thank me later!) and wear a supportive swimsuit so that you can swim comfortably. 

Anna Schultz-Girl Relaxing In Pool
Anna Schultz / Her Campus

Make sure to stay hydrated while exercising and take it easy on yourself. Even if it only for five minutes a day, getting in some movement can have a major impact on your mood and mindset.

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest

Student at Florida State University studying political science and philosophy.