Wellness

These 6 Female Fitness Influencers Are My Ultimate Gymspo

The fitness industry has always been male-dominated. When I first got into exercising, I had a male trainer, and I couldn’t help but look around and realize that there was no female trainer available to me. While there’s nothing wrong with a male trainer, I just wanted to train with a woman who could understand my goals and empathize with things like having period cramps.

Nowadays, it’s incredible to witness the rise of more women in fitness and see them make a space for themselves in this line of work. After historically having been considered weak for being women, it’s empowering to witness them break free from social norms.

I know how intimidating it is to begin going to the gym, especially because I didn’t know about exercises, form, or any of the sorts. Even now that I do, it’s reassuring to have a guide in case I need help or ideas. That’s why for Women’s History Month, I’ll share with you six women who have helped me become more comfortable in the gym and elevate my routine.

Isabella Smith

I love Isabella Smith. Her routines have helped me so much, especially with my push-and-pull days. She’s Latinx, so she offers routines in English and Spanish, which allows her to cover a broader audience. I could be a bit biased, but I love some Latinx representation. Smith posts stories that show her dragging herself to the gym or resting if she needs it, which are so relatable to me. While I find her Instagram posts enough, she also offers workout programs in case you want a more structured fitness plan.

Maile Chandler

When I first found Maile Chandler, I think it was the first time I saw a different body type and vibe in her videos. While I like building muscle, as in the body types of the other women in this list, Maile has a more toned and leaner physique. She also reminds you to be healthy and move your body in any way. She has so many variations of exercises, so I always learn something new when scrolling through her videos.

Diana Conforti

Diana Conforti’s videos are a big reason my gains have been popping off. She has such good routines, and they are very diverse and elaborate. Just like Smith, she offers workout programs to those who want or require them. Apart from that, she posts a lot of nutritious food recipes that look delicious. Conforti has some crazy abs too, and they’re so impressive that I just need to point them out!

Lisa Lanceford

Lisa Lanceford was the first fitness influencer that I followed, and I thank everything above that she was the first. Her videos are so informative. In her posts, she adds the name of the exercise, the number of repetitions and sets, and also a diagram displaying the muscles targeted by that exercise. Her videos are the ones that I found the best to start with when I was new to the gym scene.

Analis Cruz

Analis Cruz is my other Latinx fitness queen! Her routines are really good, and I love that she posts videos of pre-workout warm-ups, which are an underrated but very important part of exercising safely. Just like Conforti, she also shares yummy recipe videos and strategies to maintain or build up an exercise routine and habits.

Iulia Danilova

The final woman I want to spotlight is Iulia Danilova. She’s a fitness influencer, mother of two, and entrepreneur—she does it all. Her routines, like all of the other women, are so good. One of the forms of exercise she does is boxing, so it’s interesting to see. She’s also the owner of UPPPER, which is a company that carries fitness gear, and 373 Lab, which is a company that carries supplements. My favorite thing about Danilova is the outfits she wears to exercise. I swear, they just motivate me to go to the gym and make it my runway.

There are so many more women in the fitness field, but these are the six that I lean on the most. There’s nothing that I love more than seeing women succeed and break down norms and stereotypes. Cheers to them!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Maria Tello is a staff writer at the Her Campus at Florida State University chapter. She became a member of Her Campus in the spring of 2024. She writes about relevant cultural news, lifestyle articles, and about campus life at Florida State. Maria is a transfer student from the Republic of Panama campus. She has participated in many conferences, such as the Harvard Association for Cultivating Inter-American (HACIA) Democracy, winning various awards for her role in the press committee. As a member of the Press Committee, Maria was involved in writing articles, organizing her school’s debate conferences, and managing several social media platforms. Currently, she is a junior at FSU double-majoring in English (Editing, Writing, and Media) and International Affairs. In her leisure time, Maria spends most of her time reading books. Her favorite genres are Fantasy, Romance, Classic Lit, and Poetry. She loves to listen to diverse genres of music, and her favorite group is BTS. To center herself, she enjoys going to the gym, and arts and crafts such as painting. Her favorite artists are Vincent Van Gogh and Francisco Goya. She is also a Harry Potter and Greek mythology aficionado. She can speak Spanish, English, Cantonese, basic Korean, and looks forward to learning more languages.