Wellness

Everything To Know About FSU’s Yoga Club

As someone who loves a solid workout but needs scheduled sessions to remain focused, FSU’s Yoga Club has been my best friend so far in my collegiate era. Yoga is the perfect fitness to connect your mind and body! Here’s some general information about the Yoga Club and why I’ve included it in my fitness schedule for 2024.

Multiple Commitment Levels

The Yoga Club offers two forms of membership: Garnet and Gold. Garnet members join the club for free and have the eligibility to attend public yoga events. That includes classes around once or twice a month.

However, for $10 a semester, Yoga Club offers a Gold Membership that includes up to four weekly classes! This is the membership I selected, and I am more than happy with that decision, as it’s motivated me to attend class at least twice a week.

What should I expect from the classes?

Yoga Club sessions are one hour each and range from dates Monday through Friday, anytime between the morning and evening, which is amazing for those of us who have tighter schedules.

Most of the Garnet events are held outdoors on the campus’ multiple greens, with a majority of the Gold events held indoors in the Student Services Building. Gold members can also access occasional off-campus lessons at CaliFlo Yoga Collective in Railroad Square.

Yoga Club provides a wide range of yoga instructors who teach different kinds of flow, including Vinyasa, Hatha, and themed flows (my favorite was a Frank Ocean-themed flow). Flow is described as the pace and intensity of a certain yoga practice. So, while Vinyasa highlights constant movement and energy, Hatha features control and slowed-down poses.

The classes are beginner-friendly. Each instructor leads you through each session with clarity and a friendly tone. They offer ways to make certain aspects more challenging, which can be appealing to those who have experience with yoga.

Yoga’s Transformative Power

My personal experience with the Yoga Club is that I felt more at peace with my time in college. Taking the time once or twice a week to dedicate an hour to myself and my body helped me explore my mindset and track my moods.

Yoga helped me identify and work through anxieties and stressful situations, as it encouraged my mind to focus on personal relaxation and growth. The instructors are very empowering, and every session leaves me feeling rejuvenated and more mindfully whole than before I walked in. Even if you are someone who has never touched a mat, the practice is open for everyone to find wellness in their soul. 

If my testimony or description of the program has inspired you to join, follow Yoga Club FSU’s Instagram to learn how to sign up for your first class today. Your mind and body will thank you!

Want to see more HCFSU? Be sure to like us on Facebook and follow us on Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, and Pinterest!

Maggie Metz is a Staff Writer in the Florida State chapter. She is a freshman who is majoring in Advertising and minoring in Sociology with an interest in working with an advertising agency in her future. She enjoys a hot latte, social media, nature walks, yoga, and Legos.