The 6 Best Yoga Places in Tallahassee

We’re back with another themed week on the site: Fitness Week. This semester, Her Campus FSU has created themed weeks dedicated to exclusive content we believe all of our readers should have access to. Keep up on the site for the next few days as we cover everything from the best yoga places in Tallahassee to easy, at-home workouts to help you prep for that summer bod to a one-on-one with FSU’s very own Bikini Body Guides (#BBG girls) rep. Don’t miss out!

If you’re interested in yoga and want to find the best places to take classes here in Tallahassee, we’ve got you covered. Whether you’ve got some money to spend or are on a tight budget, we’ll find the right place for you to get those chakras in line!

1. Journeys in Yoga

Courtesy: OM

Journeys offers group and personal individual yoga classes; ranging from hot yoga to flow and meditation. Located on Magnolia Drive near Governor’s Square Mall, it’s relatively close to campus and offers bundled payments starting at five classes for just $40. 

2. Namaste Yoga

Courtesy: Namaste Tallahassee

Namaste offers group classes that are a little pricier, but also offers a student discount to make up for it! Students can pay $10 for one class or buy bundles (five classes for $45). Located on East Lafayette Street across from Governor’s Square Mall, this location is great if you’re willing to pay a little more and drive off campus for some quality group yoga sessions.

BONUS: On Fridays from 5:30 P.M. to 6:30 P.M., Namaste offers a free community yoga class!

3. Hot Yoga Tallahassee

Courtesy: Hot Yoga Tallahassee

If you’re willing to drive up to Thomasville Road, Hot Yoga Tallahassee is a great choice. This location offers group yoga classes ranging from hot yoga fundamentals to even aerial yoga! Hot Yoga Tallahassee offers a single class (aerial not included) for $12 or bundled options starting at five classes for $45 as well. BONUS: This location offers a FREE yoga class for cancer patients and their caregivers.

4. The Leach

Courtesy: fsunews.com

If you’re not ready to shell out big bucks for group yoga classes, you can try one out right here at home at the Leach! Free to FSU students, the Leach Recreation Center/Gym offers various yoga classes throughout the day. Check out the listings of group fitness classes here and find one that fits your schedule! The Leach offers beginning yoga, paddleboard yoga and restorative yoga. If you’re stressing out about your midterms, take a class at the Leach to calm your nerves.

5. FSU’s Yoga Club

Courtesy: bestevents.us

The FSU Yoga Club holds classes at various locations on or near campus; like on Union Green or at the Tallahassee Buddhist Community on Railroad Square, and the classes are free! Donations are accepted but not required. They offer a free weekly Ashtanga Yoga class at the Tallahassee Buddhist Community on Wednesdays from 5 P.M. to 6:30 P.M. The FSU Yoga Club also has a weekend yoga retreat April 1st-3rd that you can apply for until March 14 here!

6. Landis Green

Courtesy: dyxum.com

If you’re on a tight budget or not fond of group fitness classes, you can always bring a mat or towel down to Landis Green to practice self-guided yoga or meditation. This works perfectly if you have a busy schedule (and enough willpower to actually practice yoga instead of scrolling through Facebook and staring at the cute dogs playing on the green). Best of all, it’s free and conveniently located! 

Trinity is a sophomore studying psychology, sociology, and religion. She is involved in HCFSU as well as Service Scholars, PeaceJam Southeast, and With Words FSU.
Her Campus at Florida State University.