Collegiettes, it’s time to stop skipping leg day.

Last Monday, I was rushing to get from a meeting to home in order to get ready to head over to my friend’s place to watch The Bachelor. Priorities, right? I hadn’t gone to the gym that day but I had told myself I was going to work out – even if it was 20 minutes.

I headed over to the gym in my apartment building and thought about what would give me the best results for the small amount time I had; I decided some circuit work would be perfect to get my heart pumping and my legs stronger.

As the semester starts to pick up with more assignments to complete and tests to study for, sometimes you just don’t feel like going to the gym, or you feel like you’re pressed for time. Whatever your excuses may be, I guarantee that you have twenty minutes to spare somewhere in your day. And if you can use that time to get closer to your fitness goals, that’s even better.

So, here is my 20 minute cardio and leg circuit for those of us who have dramatic TV shows to watch and homework to do. You will do each circuit three times in a row, completing each exercise for one minute, before moving on to the next circuit. Of course, please be careful if you have not done these exercises before, you can use light or even no weights if you’re just starting out. Seriously, my legs were shaking after this. . . so enjoy!

Circuit One:

Exercise 1: Jump rope

Exercise 2: Walking lunges with 5-10lb dumbbells*

*Be sure your knees stay over your ankles, not past your toes when you lunge.

Courtesy: Positive Health Wellness

Circuit Two:

Exercise 1: Jump squats

Exercise 2: Glute bridges holding a dumbbell**

**Can be done without the dumbbell. 

Courtesy: Oxygen Mag

Circuit Three:

Exercise 1: Alternating jumping lunges

Exercise 2: Goblet squats holding 15-30lb dumbbell***

***Feet are closer together and pointed slightly outward.  Hold the dumbbell vertically and engage your glutes.

Courtesy: All Women’s Talk

Her Campus at Florida State University.