girl with arms open in nature
girl with arms open in nature
Celina Timmerman / Her Campus
Wellness > Health

You’ll Never Know Until You Try

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Framingham chapter.

Taking chances in life is scary, because you never know what the outcome will be. Should I invest in this? Will I waste my time? What have I got to gain, and what have I got to lose? Is this wise? 

I have to admit, I love taking chances. But some things, like trusting a trainer online blindly, is not typically a choice I will make. Nor is trying new products that are supplements an ideal choice either. But, life is all about chances, right?   

I was browsing one day when I came across a fitness program called YogaBurn. The trainer claimed to have this program specially designed for women to help them lose weight and feel good about themselves. She’s a professional, so I searched her up. 

The reviews were all positive. Everywhere I looked, not one thing was negative. By this time, I was already considering this program. One thing that caught my eye was her dvd called the Trim Core Challenge. It claimed to slim your waist. For us women, our waists are a predictor of health. The smaller the hip to waist ratio, the better. It also claimed that you will lose weight by the end of a couple tries. It varies, because every person is different. I was bored and want to lose weight, so what have I got to lose?  So I did something daring that I would never have done: I bought the Trim Core Challenge dvds.  

After a week or so, I started noticing changes. At first, it wasn’t apparent. I was only losing 1-2 lbs. And then I gained it back. But as the weeks went by, I realized something: My weight is fluctuating. It is going up and then down, up and then down. And when it goes down and up again, it plummets down further from the week before. That was when I knew that this is really working, and decided to continue. When I weighed myself in on the beginning of third week?  I am around 5 pounds down, and I just started 3 weeks ago! 

I have NOT been starving myself. In fact, it’s not an option. This is because of my epilepsy, which is why I can’t afford to go on diets for a long period of time. I took a chance with this program because it’s either stay unhealthy and look overweight, or become healthier and slimmer. 

I have to admit, I have also been researching for ways to help me lose weight. It wasn’t long until I discovered that exercising in the morning with an empty stomach help your metabolism be better throughout the day.  So I tried it. And holy crap! It worked beautifully! 

I’ve also been receiving emails from this trainer, and one of the emails, talked about a pill one is to take before every meal that speeds up and aids your digestion. No, I do not have any stomach issues. But did you know that there are studies that a lot of the problems with unable to lose weight is weight is BECAUSE of digestion issues? The video lead me to another site, claiming about a product called BioX4. It claimed that it is all natural. After checking it out, I decided to try it. But first, I needed to ask my doctor. My doctor gave me permission to go ahead and try this. And so, I went ahead and bought this product. 

The bottles just arrived today, so I am not trying it yet.  But I will tomorrow!  Can’t wait to see the results!  And if I do pull this off, that would be a miracle.  So my take home message is this: don’t be afraid to take chances.  That is not to say without consideration.  I slept on this a lot, did a ton of research.  But if you are committed, go for it! 

Anni Xie

Framingham '21

My name is Anni Xie and I am a Management Major and an English Minor. I study in Framingham State University, and one of my biggest dreams is to write and publish a book.