FUSA Event: Learning How To Eat Healthy in College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Fairfield chapter.

Tomorrow night in the Lower Level BCC students are encouraged to hear Kevin Reese of Eat the Sunlight speak about healthy living and eating right. The event will begin at 7:30 pm and is hosted by FUSA.

Kevin Reese didn’t start out as a healthy living guru, instead he was a radio host who suffered from food and smoking addictions and insomnia. At just 28 years old his health was failing fast. After frequent trips to the doctor he kicked his smoking habit and lost 80 pounds. This was just the beginning for Kevin.

In 2012, Reese began Eat the Sunlight which offers the younger generation a look into holistic health. Reese believes that this is the way to living a “sick-free happy life”.

Reese’s outlook is perfect for college students especially at a time when everyone around you seems to be getting sick. The cornerstones of his program include Diet, De-stress and Detox.  If you are interested in hearing more on this life changing attitude join Kevin Reese and FUSA tomorrow, Thursday February 6, in the LLBCC at 7:30 pm. 

Amanda McKelvey is a Co-Campus Correspondent and a senior at Fairfield University. She is a Journalism major with minors in Psychology and Communications. In addition to being a CC she has held internships with Michael Kors, CollegeFashionista.com and the Rockville Centre and Baldwin Heralds. In her free time, Amanda enjoys days on the beaches of Long Island, watching Scandal, Chicago Fire and the Bachelorette, eating anything sweet (chocolate, ice cream, cupcakes—you name it!) and reading a good book. She’s excited to spend her senior year living at Fairfield Beach with her best friends including fellow CC Danielle Tullo! You can follow her on Twitter @theAMANDAshowww or on Instagram @ammckelvey.