This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Gyms are expensive. A membership is often unaffordable for uni students. But that doesnt have to be an excuse to never work out as in this wonderful modern age that we live in it is easy to stay fit and healthy without a gym.

Here are my favourite youtube workout channels that will leave you sweating and will get you seeing results in no time! And the best part is: you can do it from the comfort of your own room (and you could even stay in your pyjamas!)

Fitness Blender

These workouts are brutal. If you have weights you can add them in and if you are feeling super brave you can attempt their 1000 calorie workouts (warning: you WILL hurt for days.) But even there more gentil yoga or pilates blends are fun and challenging. But if you do attempt these workouts they often involve lots of jumping movements so beware of the people in the rooms below you!

https://www.youtube.com/user/FitnessBlender

Yoga with Candice

This lady knows how to make yoga an intense workout. Gone are the days of sitting cross-legged and breathing heavily. These are the real deal and will get you stronger and toned in no time at all. She caters for all abiltiites and these are the perfect workout to keep you chill during deadline season:

https://www.youtube.com/user/YOGABYCANDACE

Popsugar fitness:

Perhaps the most well-rounded and fun workouts on youtube. They have everything from victoria abb workouts, to zumba, HIT, dance routines and yoga. These girls are fun and feirce and will get you pumped with some strong humour and good music! Plus all of their workout gear is to die for! (They also range from 5 minutes to a good 45 minutes so you can fit in a short routine everyday!)

https://www.youtube.com/user/popsugartvfit

Some ‘Dos’ for Youtube workouts:

• DO make sure you find some time, whether that be fifteen minutes or an hour as there is a youtube video for any length of time
  • DO push yourself but dont overdo it and go straight to the advanced workouts!
  • DO find a style of workout that fits you and your environment. Dont try to do jumping jacks if you are on the top floor and dont try to do zumba if you have no floor space at all
  • DO have fun! and make it sociable by grabbing some flatmates and all doing a workout together!

Some ‘Don’ts’ for Youtube workouts:

• DON’T feel stressed if you dont have time, even just five minutes of a quick yoga flow is brilliant and will de-stress your body
  • DON’T compare yourself to the people on the video. They probably are more flexible and fit but they have been doing these routines for years!
  • DON’T feel like you need lots of equiptment. You can buy dumbells and weights cheaply on amazon and a yoga mat is a great tool, BUT you really can workout to most of these routines with no tools. Or get creative! If they want sliding disks and you are on carpet just get some paper plates under your feet. Or if you have no weights use a textbook or waterbottle!

Youtube is a wonderful tool. It isnt just for pointless gifs and music videos, it is also a brilliant workout tool and can help anyone reach their fitness goals without the need to pay hundreds of pounds to go to the gym!

Geography student who loves travelling, exploring, health, fitness, good food and nutrition and loving life as much as possible!