This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

In need of a quick pick me up? Just follow these five tips to instantly feel healthier!

Drink enough water!

That means drinking WATER! Not soda or tea, WATER! You know.. the beautifully clear stuff that comes from the taps. Seriously, HYDRATE! This will give you more energy, make your breathe better, you will bloat less, will stop constipation and make you feel healthier instantly! We recommend also drinking 500ml of water a day first thing when you wake up to start your digestion and metabolism!

Move

Moving doesn’t mean sweating in the gym for six hours a day. It means you just gotta get out and move. As students, we find yoga workouts or HIT workouts on my floor in the flat work best (but if you are going to be jumping and making noise then please check in the room below first!) but it can mean walking to co-op and back three times just to get some air, it can mean doing your laundry and going to a further washing machine so you walk further. Go on a run with a friend, go on a walk with a friend, go out clubbing and dance all night. Do whatever works for you, but just move!

Cut out dairy

Now this comes from a bunch of girls who were addicted to yogurt and cheese! But seriously dairy is not as healthy as people think. It is acidic for the body meaning that people who eat more dairy have been proven to actually get higher rates of osteoporosis as the body reacts to the acidic dairy enzymes. We would suggest replacing your milk for yummy almond milk, your cheese for soya cheese, you ice cream for rice milk or almond milk ice cream and your body will thank you. We promise!

Eat something raw

We all know we need to eat more fruit and veg. However did you know that even cooking some carrots destroys many essential enzymes from the food and whilst cooked food is not bad for you at all, raw food is always better? So try to have some raw veg every day! Ever feel more energised after eating pepper dipped in hummus? Well the raw enzymes are why! So try including some raw fruit (which is easy) and veg (which is harder but more rewarding) every day to instantly feel healthier!

Smile

Our mental health is so connected with our overall health. One tip we have is that the second you wake up, you smile. Just smile. Smile even if it is 6:30 and you have a deadline. Smile even if you are late for a lecture. Just smile and be grateful you have a bed, that you can smile, that you have a whole day ahead of you and we promise that starting off in a positive mood will make your whole day healthier, both physically and healthier!

Geography student who loves travelling, exploring, health, fitness, good food and nutrition and loving life as much as possible!