This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Exeter chapter.

Later on this week, HCX girls will be teaming up with mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family: “Times New Roman”;mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi”>CoppaFeel to complete Exeter’s mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin;mso-bidi-font-family: “Times New Roman”;mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi”>10km RockSolid course, raising money and awareness to help young girls get to know their breasts and promote early detection of breast cancer symptoms. As the day approaches, we caught up with a couple of our girls who will be participating… Next up is dedicated writer and fitness enthusiast Nicole Noordhoek.

Name: Nicole
Age: 21
Year: 3rd
Studying: International Relations
A fact about yourself: I hate asparagus

What is your weekly training regime?

I generally train anywhere from 2-5 times a week. By working out when I want to, training remains fun and enjoyable. I like to include a variety of exercise: running, biking, weight lifting, and yoga/pilates.

Is there a particular aspect of this regime you enjoy the most?

I love the feeling of empowerment after a long run. There is nothing like a long run in the forest to get your heart beat up!

How did you motivate yourself on those cold January mornings?

I generally train in the afternoon, but on days when I do workout in the morning I love knowing my workout is behind me and I have had a productive start to the day.

Why are you supporting CoppaFeel, and what does it mean to you?

Knowledge is power. Through education and awareness, measures can be taken early to prevent or stop the development of breast cancer.

What are your top tips for looking great while training?

Wear something you are comfortable in! Confidence is the most attractive thing you can ever wear.

Do you have a favourite outfit to exercise in?

I am currently in love with the Nike Pro range!

Do you have a special meal/snack that energises you?

If I workout in the morning, I love starting my day with a big bowl of porridge.

Any advice you would like to share with fellow runners?

Do not underestimate the importance of rest! Running is an extremely high-impact sport, especially on your knees. Incorporate rest days, as well as lower-impact exercise, like cycling.

For more information about RockSolid, as well as CoppaFeel’s other work promoting breast cancer awareness, check out their Facebook page here. 
Vice President, Her Campus Exeter 2015 - 2016
Charlotte is a third year Maths and English student who is President for HCX. She loves reading about the history of major designers and browsing through their latest collections and enjoys running, ice skating and partying! She is also interested in making and designing clothes as well as buying them and has taken several courses in pattern design for Womenswear. A few years ago she ran her own small business making and selling shorts and lounge pants which she hopes to restart soon.  She loves visiting new places and would love to travel to France to improve her French and learn more about the culture and fashion. She thoroughly enjoyed being Deputy Editor for the Fashion and Beauty team in her second year so is very excited to be part of the inspirational HCX team for a third year.