This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

Who says you can’t look cute when you’re breaking a sweat? You can always dress to impress. Work out apparel is so comfy that many people wear gym clothes when they don’t feel like putting on “real” clothes.

Weather permitting, shorts and a tank is a popular go-to for the gym or even a run outside. For those of you who love to match your workout clothes, you have so many options! You can go for the patterned shorts and solid tank look or solid shorts and patterned tank.

Shorts and spandex are great for warmer days, but when it’s colder leggings are your best bet. Leggings are great because they are comfy, flattering, and versatile. They come in every style, material, and color possible! My favorite are Lululemon leggings, but Nike, Athleta, and Under Armour (just to name a few) make high quality leggings as well. Here are some ways you can rock a leggings-and-tank outfit to the gym:

In terms of tops to wear with shorts or leggings, you essentially have three choices: tanks, t-shirts, or long sleeves. Personally, I think tanks are the most comfy and you don’t have deal with worrying about pit stains. Dry fit tops are ideal for the gym; they are super soft and they keep sweat to a minimum.

Next time you go to the gym, keep these outfit ideas in mind. It can also be a motivating factor to work out!

Her Campus at Emory University