free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
free to use sounds kOuCX7fh50U unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Applying for Summer Internships, As Told by The Kardashians

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emory chapter.

With just three weeks of the semester left looming over our heads, it’s time to start mentally preparing for the summer. Whether you’ve already secured the perfect internship or are still figuring out your plans, you certainly know the stress that comes along with applying for summer internships. Who better than the Kardashian clan to take us through this anxiety-inducing process?

You attempt to search online for potential internship options. Each application involves a resume and cover letter, and some also ask you to include transcripts, letters of recommendation, supplemental essays, etc. It feels like the college application process all over again. You have no clue where to begin.

You finally narrow down the thousands of possible companies you could work for and start working your way through the applications. Soon enough, filling out all these forms is taking over your life, and you don’t seem to have time for friends, homework, or adequate sleep.

Weeks later, all your apps are submitted and you’ve landed a few interviews! You thoroughly research each company, prepare your responses, and review your strengths and weaknesses. It’s finally time to show them what you’ve got…but then HR rep asks you about your life goals. You did not practice this one…

You call your parents and burst into tears. You start to question whether this whole internship thing is even worth it. You even consider working at your local ice cream shop again. Mom and Dad try to comfort you, but it’s basically useless.

You finally get back on track and start hearing responses from the companies you’ve reached out to. Some send polite rejection emails, while others don’t respond at all. You brush it off, knowing it will all work out in the end.

When you least expect it, you get a call from your first choice company saying you’ve landed the intern position. Congrats! You text all your friends, and they are even happier than you (if that’s possible).

While the application process can be stressful, internships are a great opportunity to get hands-on experience and try out different career fields. So, buckle down for a few more weeks, kill those interviews, and you’ll be on your way to a great internship offer. Good luck!

Her Campus at Emory University