ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
ricardo gomez angel 3kzlCL3rj8A unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

The Best Teas to Get You Through the End of the Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

The end of the semester is right around the corner, meaning the projects, papers, and final exams will inevitably pile up and stretch us all thin. While we may feel like we’re buckling under the pressure of all our assignments, it’s important to take some initiative and care for our personal wellbeing. One of the ways I like to make sure I’m taking care of myself is by sipping on tea with medicinal benefits, so I know that I can combat my work and the rest of my day. Here are some amazing and tasty teas to get you ready to tackle that work you’ve been putting off.

1. Matcha

Photo courtesy of Herbal Teas Online

When I know I have a long day ahead of me, I like to start the day with this tea. Not only will it give a much-needed energy boost, but it won’t leave you feeling jittery later in the day.

2. Cinnamon

Photo courtesy of Serving Joy

Cinnamon tea is great tasting, but also comes with many health benefits. It’s known to fight viruses and inflammation, as well as improve brain function- which will come in handy the next time you’re cramming for an exam.

3. Peppermint

Photo courtesy of Organic Facts

Not only will this tea remind you that the holidays (and therefore better days) are coming, but it also will give you the energy to power through until then. Another plus: peppermint curbs your appetite, which means less late night stress eating.

4. Rooibos

Photo courtesy of Serving Joy

Rooibos tea is one of these teas that seems like it could cure any ailment. It’s full of antioxidants, which is the least you could do for your body in these trying times. And even better, it promotes a restful night of sleep, thanks to its high magnesium content.

5. ChamomilePhoto courtesy of Yes Vegetarian

If you tend to toss and turn for hours before falling asleep, I suggest drinking chamomile tea before turning in for the night. This will help you fall asleep and promotes relaxation, so you’re less likely to worry and more likely to sleep soundly.

6. Echinacea

Photo courtesy of Organic Facts

Let’s not forget that the end of the semester also means the beginning of freezing weather, which makes us more susceptible to colds and sickness. Be proactive and drink some echinacea tea, which fights colds and boosts immunity, because an illness is really the last thing you need right now.  

7. Lemon balmPhoto courtesy of Herbal Teas Online

This one’s another stress-reliever, and has calming effects on the nervous system to reduce headaches and anxiety, making it a go-to during those last few weeks of the semester.

Remember that your physical and mental health is what’s most important, even when life gets hectic. Take good care of yourself, and you’ll be surprised by your level head when life gets crazy.

Gianna is a freshman at Emmanuel College and is really excited to see what this year has in store for her. Along with writing for Her Campus, Gianna participates in Yoga Club, Zumba Club, and Colleges of the Fenway Dance Project. In her free time, you will most likely find her watching Friends and sipping tea out of her Central Perk mug.