7 Ways You Know You’re a Second Semester Student

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emmanuel chapter.

1. To go to class or to nap, that is the question…

Second semester seems to be never ending and naps are wonderful. April is filled with rain which is making this an even harder decision. Everyone is checking their professor’s attendance policies to see how many skips they can possibly have without losing credit. You have even found yourself trying to take naps in public places like the library when your bed is too far away.

2. Next semester’s classes are still a distraction

All the hype of registration is over and you can finally go back to focusing on your classes, right?! Nope! Now, all you can think about is your new classes, and all you want to do is figure out what books you need and what your professors are like. All thoughts towards your current classes are over.

3. Sunshine is a gift

Any break of sunshine is like a dream, and for us Emmanuel students this means going straight to the EC Beach. In October, 50 degrees meant scarves and boots, and now, if the weather is above 50 degrees, everyone is running around without coats and spending time outside.

4. Your motivation is depleting

All possible motivation you had after winter break has ended, and studying seems like work…that you don’t get paid for. 

5. You’re broke

All of the money you made this semester or received for Christmas has mysteriously disappeared thanks to snacks, coffee, and clothes. At this point in the semester, when someone asks if you want to do something, you have to think about whether or not your card will be declined.

6. You’re overwhelmed with stress

When you aren’t asleep or running around outside, you are filled with stress. I seem to have 3 essays and a project due before Easter, not to mention the finals we’ll need to study for after we come back from Easter break. Combined with trying to find either a summer job or internship, you feel ready to explode.

7. Send help, there’s still finals

You are excited for summer, but that means you have to study for all your finals before you are free. Essays, tests and presentations; we’ve got them all!

Stay strong, people, we only have 4 weeks left!

A small but mighty 5'4 female who is a lover of dogs, all things chocolate and fashion. Sophomore at Emmanuel College.
Sammy is a senior at Emmanuel College, majoring in English: Communications & Media Studies with a minor in Music-Theater. She discovered Her Campus through College Fashion Week: Boston, and has since re-launched Emmanuel's chapter and become a National Intern. On campus, Sammy gives weekly tours as an Admissions Ambassador, is a member of the Honors Program and stars in an as many theatrical productions as possible. She was also an Orientation Leader for the Class of 2019. Outside of school, she works as a sales associate at Charlotte Russe and manages a personal style blog called Backyard Beauty. An obsessive organizer, social media addict and fashion maven, Sammy dreams of living a lavish life as a magazine contributor in New York City after graduation. Follow her on Twitter @sammysays19 and Instagram @backyardbeautyxo or visit backyardbeautyxo.tumblr.com/.