This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Emerson chapter.

While we all would love to squeeze in a workout every day, sometimes going to the gym is just not an option. Lucky for you, though, exercises don’t have to be done at the gym! There are many different ways to get a workout in outside of the gym. Here are four different workout programs you can try!

1. Insanity

While the name may not seem all that appealing, trust us, it’ll work! Insanity is an intense workout program that features nutrition guides, calendars and a set of extremely intense exercise DVDs. Shaun T acts as your personal trainer, guiding you through the program and pushing you further with each workout.

2. Blogilates

Led by Pilates instructor Cassey Ho, Blogilates is an online (or at home if you wish to purchase programs) program that anyone can use. You can create your own workouts with Cassey’s hundreds of different YouTube videos or follow her free beginner’s calendar for her suggestions!

3. CrossFit

If you’re the type of person that needs a team to help you through a challenge, CrossFit might be the perfect solution. CrossFit is a company that is promoted as both a physical exercise philosophy and a competitive sport. It works to incorporate many different exercise elements to give you a complete workout. Find a gym near you to get started!

4. Fitness Blender

Fitness Blender is an online and at-home workout program. If you don’t want to pay for a 4-8 week program (which includes workouts and nutritional information), you can simply stick to their hundreds of YouTube workouts. The Fitness Blender team provides you with a huge range of exercises that vary in intensity and type.

Skipping the gym today? Try one of these programs to make up for it!

Megan is a Community Manager at Her Campus, working to grow and maintain networks of 3300+ Influencers and 1000+ High School Ambassadors. She conceptualizes and executes new programming initiatives for network members, assists the Integrated Marketing team on paid client campaigns for bloggers and ambassadors, and serves as the public face of both the InfluenceHer Collective and the High School Ambassador Program.
Emerson contributor