kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

How Annie stays mindful during busy semesters at school!

Annie Sullivan is a sophomore at Elon University, she is majoring in Elementary Education and loves to practice self-care in times of stress from her busy life at school. Annie loves doing yoga, eating healthy, practicing meditation, and journaling. Whether it be practicing new yoga poses or cooking a healthy meal, Annie loves to take time out of every day to de-stress. 

What made you start doing yoga?

Well, my mom is a yoga instructor and has been for a while. When I was younger she would always practice with me try to get me to join her or try new poses and I honestly didn’t enjoy it at first. After a while, I started to feel the benefits of the poses and I realized how lucky I was to have a mom who was an instructor. So basically, my mom inspired me. 

@asullyy20

Why is journaling so important to you?

Journaling helps me get my thoughts out of my head. And for me, that is so cleansing. I usually start with just writing out what I’m thinking and most of the time it never makes sense. Then I set intentions for myself and lastly, I write down how I can accomplish those intentions. I know that whenever I’m stressed or upset about something journaling will help me let go of those feelings and emotions and refocus. 

@aullyy20

What’s your favorite meal to cook and why?

I love sautéed veggies. I usually do zucchini, spinach, peppers, mushrooms, etc. It’s so simple and quick. It’s just really important to me to put things in my body that I know will help me feel my best. 

What is your favorite part of the day?

My mornings for sure. I like to wake up and just lay in bed and drink my glass of water. I try to not go on my phone right when I wake up and just enjoy the moment peacefully. I like to play John Mayor in the morning when I’m getting ready and then I go to the gym. 

What’s the best advice you can give someone who is struggling with stress from school?

I recommend being active in some way during the day. I find working out really cleansing – even if it’s just my walk to class or 10 minutes on the elliptical. Being active helps me focus on what I’m doing right then rather than my workload or anxiety about something. 

Hi! My name is Alexandra Mullen and I am a sophomore at Elon, majoring in strategic communications with a minor in psychology. I enjoy working out, spending time with friends, and traveling!