This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Elon chapter.

In college, one of the things we hear about is the dreaded “Freshman 15”. The notorious expression is used to reference the average 15 pounds a first year college student gains. With unlimited access to dining halls, a rise in “stress eating”, late night studying with snacks, and a spike in drinking, the Freshman 15 seems inevitable.Luckily, most college campuses offer their gyms for students to use! This may seem intimidating at first, especially if you’ve never gone to the gym. That’s where the app 7m Women also known as Workout for Women, comes to the rescue. PS: This isn’t sponsored at all, I just really love the app!

Pictured above: What the app looks like when you open it up. Some of my favorites include HIITS 20, Ab Blaster, 7 Minute Sweat, and Booty Shaper! But, there really is something for everyone. 

Tired of just running on the treadmill or using the stair climber, I began searching for an app to guide me through going to the gym and actually getting results. One stuck out to me-7m Women. It has 109k reviews with an average 4.8 star rating on the Apple app store. I downloaded it immediately and it became my holy grail for working out!

With different sections such as arms, butt, abs, bikini body, and more, 7m Women has something to offer for everyone. There are different time lengths too, so it’s perfect for on the go! It walks you through the workout step by step, times it, gives you rest breaks, and allows you to pause and skip as you please. I’ve already seen a difference in just the two weeks I’ve been using it, I feel healthier, plus no longer feel as guilty for grabbing that extra cookie from Lakeside.

Let’s get it, girls!  

Samantha is a Freshman at Elon University, double majoring in Strategic Communications and Marketing with a minor in Multimedia Authoring. Samantha is an avid reader, competitive equestrian, and devoted podcast listener.