This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at DU chapter.

College has its way of dragging you down, but here are five simple steps you can use everyday to gain control of your schedule and feel less stressed!

1. Work out! Even though finding the motivation to do this can be hard, you’ll thank yourself for it at the end of the day. Grab a friend and head to the gym! Every student has access to their campus gym, so college is the perfect time to start this healthy habit.

2. Take study breaks. It’s easy for us to believe that non- stop studying may help ace the test, but there is such a thing as over studying. Taking fifteen minute study breaks to get up and move around after forty-five minutes of studying will actually help you remember what you’ve learned and allow you to remember new content.

3. Use a planner. Whether you write it down or put it in your phone, I promise it will help! A planner will help you keep your schedule straight and your mind less cluttered!

4. Do something just for you everyday. I know how easy it is to feel guilty spending your time on something other than homework, but if you take just an hour for yourself everyday, you’ll feel more relaxed and ready to be productive. You can even use this time to knock out step one and go to the gym! Or, if you’re like me, you’ll spend it watching an episode of Grey’s Anatomy, just try not to get hooked…

5. Get enough sleep! Sleep is one of the best gifts you can give yourself. Put down the books and try to get seven hours of sleep instead of pulling an all nighter. You’ll actually remember more information if you get a full night’s sleep than if you stay up all night studying.

Sometimes college feels like the best and worst time of our lives, but with these simple steps, it’ll feel more like the best than the worst!

Third Year, Communication Studies and Journalism Major at the University of Denver. If this were a dating website I would tell you that I love long walks on the beach and romanitic coffee dates in hipster cafes.Sadly it's not, so I'll just tell you that I love Netflix, days where I don't need to put on pants, and my squad goals consist of Tina Fey and Amy Poehler hosting the Golden Globes.