kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Weekly Wellness Tips: Strut Away Your Stress

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Columbia Barnard chapter.

It’s no secret that college is a crazy time. Between classes, club, socializing, and exploring the area, it’s hard to imagine where “staying well” fits into the equation. And because no one deserves to fall into a slump— be that he weight of their backpack, or a host of other worries— Her Campus Barnard is coming at you with a Weekly Wellness Tip, a.k.a. small, 100% doable suggestions to help you feel your best in body, mind, and soul.

The first of many Weekly Wellness Tips is a simple one: go on a walk. I know, I know…I can practically see your eyes rolling to the back of your head right now. But before you protest that you’re in college, not a nursing home, at least check out Google. Type in “benefits of walks,” and you’ll find dozens of reputable studies waxing poetic (well, as poetic as a research analyst can be) about how even quick strolls will soothe your joints, aid digestion, and give you some much-needed inspiration for that research paper. Like most forms of exercise, walking is also a huge mood-booster. In my first few weeks on campus, I found that a stroll through the neighborhood was the perfect cure for homesickness or anxiety. And if you don’t want to take it from me, at least listen to Elle Woods…

A self-proclaimed dark chocolate hoarder living and learning in Manhattan. A book-lover at heart, Olivia can most often be found reading, doing yoga, or destressing on the swings in Riverside Park.
Sydney Hotz

Columbia Barnard

Sydney is in love with New York City, dogspotting, and chorizo tacos. She's an aspiring novelist, a Barnard feminist, and might deny she was born in New Jersey.