This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Colby chapter.

Although it may be hard to believe, the semester is almost halfway over. Of course, with Spring Break so close, studying for midterms is probably the last thing you want to do. Here are some tips to help you do your best on your exams.

1. Start Early. Even though it’s easier said than done, starting your work early is crucial to doing well. Don’t wait until the last minute to start reviewing. Make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to go over all of the material in order to avoid unnecessary all-nighters and stress.

2. Go To Your Professor’s Office Hours. The professors at Colby are wonderful and truly care about your academic well-being. Don’t be shy! They appreciate it when you show up to office hours to ask them questions. 

3. Make Time For Yourself. There seems to be a popular misconception that self-care goes out the window during exam week. This isn’t true – make sure that you are eating well, finding time for the things you enjoy, and of course, sleeping a sufficient amount of hours each night.