This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

I struggle to stay positive when it feels like I have 80 assignments due in two days, and chances are you do, too. Lately, I’ve been finding ways to stay positive–and it’s made completing those 80 assignments easier.

Call Your Mom

(or your dad, or your grandparents, or your brother, or your best friend). HONESTLY! Just talk to someone outside of your immediate environment. Don’t get me wrong, I love and appreciate each and every single one of my friends, but when you’re stressed out, sometimes it’s just easier to talk to someone that is completely uninvolved in what’s going on in Forbes or Luter. I usually turn to my mom, and even talking to her for 15 or 20 minutes can completely change my attitude. Receiving advice from someone who truly loves and cares about you and sees your full potential makes it that much easier to keep going when it doesn’t feel like you can. 

Take a Brain Break

And I don’t mean scroll on Instagram for 25 minutes. I mean take an honest to goodness brain break. Take a deep breath, think about something that makes you happy. Recently, it’s been the fact that I’ll see my cat over fall break for me. Just take a little time to reset and focus on yourself, because putting yourself before all the other stuff going on in your life for a minute can definitely help boost your mood.

Go for a Walk

For me, being outside always makes it easier to continue on my day. With the cooler weather settling in, going for a brisk walk in the fall air reinvigorates me. Stepping on the crunchy yellow and red leaves means I’m that much closer to Thanksgiving and seeing my grandparents and extended family, and being surrounded by those who love me unconditionally. Things like this are easier to notice when you’re on a walk and breathing a little easier.

During midterms and finals week, it is so important to keep in mind that you are ABSOLUTELY valid, no matter the grades, no matter the due date. You come first, and remembering that can be incredibly difficult. Hopefully, these three ways to make today a better day help to diminish the sheer amount of stress that bubbles up around midterms week!

likes: writing dislikes: 8am classes