Wellness > Health

The 3 Best Exercises to do During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at CNU chapter.

Finals week.

I know, I know. Christmas is so close, but we have to get through a week straight of exams before we open those presents.

Exercise.

I know, I know. Ain’t nobody got time for that.

However, exercise can positively affect your body and mind during finals week, helping you pass those days and those exams. 

Here are three types of exercise that you should try during finals week. 

Aerobic exercise 

Aerobic exercise means “with oxygen.” This type of exercise is commonly known as “cardio.” Examples include running, dancing, and riding a bike. All of these exercises are great stress-relievers because they elevate your heart rate, which causes your body to release endorphins. As we all know, endorphins make us feel good! Aerobic exercise, also known as cardio, makes both the body and mind feel better, especially during stressful times.

Kickboxing

Kickboxing is an amazing stress-reliever because it physically allows you to channel your frustration and let it out. An amazing outlet to release anger, frustration, and anxiety, kickboxing can be done with no equipment. Kickboxing also promotes better posture, which can help you out when it comes to slouching and cramping during exams.

Weightlifting

Any HC at CNU readers know I couldn’t write this article without mentioning weightlifting. Weightlifting has been proven to improve the quality of one’s sleep, which we all know we need during finals week. Above the physical benefits, though, weightlifting has helped me develop a sense of determination, confidence, and mental strength. It has also refined my work ethic and helped me deal with failure. All of these lessons are very important during finals week to help you prepare for your exams and the outcomes. 

So, I hope that you give these exercises and their benefits a try this week. Good luck on your exams!

Lauren is from Richmond, Virginia. She is majoring in English and planning to pursue a Masters degree in education. She can usually be found reading, volunteering, lifting weights, and/or jamming out to Ariana Grande.