stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
stephanie greene rMzg35fH6K0 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Top Five Benefits for Drinking Water

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

1. Clear Skin

It’s been proven both scientifically, and by women all over the world, that drinking water produces clear skin. Because our bodies are made up of over 75% water, as we go through our day and do various activities, we need to refuel our bodies or we run the risk of being dehydrated.

2. Hair Growth

Water helps fuel our bodies so that we can always perform at our best, and that includes our hair. Our hair thrives on being hydrated just as much as our bodies do, so it’s important to give your hair the nourishment it needs! This not only includes drinking water, but eating vegetables as well (but that’s a different topic for a different day).

3. Nails

As you drink water, just like your skin and hair, your nails benefit from how much water you drink as well. Your nails profit from being hydrated, which improves their strength and their color.

4. Heart Health

Even though we’re young, because we’re in college and deal with so much stress, it’s important to think about our heart health. One contributor to having good heart health is drinking plenty of water. The more water you drink, the more your organs will function well together, including your heart.

5. Brain Health

Just like your heart, your brain benefits from how much water you drink. A lack of water could contribute to headaches and brain fog. The more water you drink, the more your brain will function properly along with the rest of your body!

Drink more water, ladies!

I am the type of person that will laugh in the middle of a silent room because of something that happened days ago!
Caitlin Barkley is currently a senior at Clemson University pursuing a degree in both Biology and Psychology. In 2016-2017, she served as the Campus Correspondent and Editor-in-Chief for Her Campus Clemson after joining her freshman year. She is also an ambassador with the Calhoun Honors College, a teacher with Clemson Dancers, and a member of Tiger Strut Dance Company. Caitlin is a colonizing member of the South Carolina Beta Chapter of Pi Beta Phi, and she serves as the current Chapter President. A few of her favorite things include coffee, her Clemson ring, and fuzzy blankets! Follow her on Instagram @c_barkley19