Wellness > Health

5 Fike Classes to Revamp Your Workout Routine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clemson chapter.

1. Raise the Barre

Before coming to Clemson I had never tried a ballet-style workout class before nor had I done any ballet since the age of five, so trying out this class was I pretty new experience for me.  I honestly have to say that I’ve come to enjoy it. Generally, I prefer types of exercise that work my entire body, because a) you feel so much better afterwards and b) it’s a much more efficient use of your time if you can work all the parts of the body within an hour, 45 minutes etc.   A quick tip for beginners, make sure to stretch and take the exercises at your own pace. Some instructors are more intense than others, but if you feel like they’re going too fast make sure to slow down and listen to your body to prevent accidental injury.

2. Werk It

If you’re looking for a more social, fun, and easygoing atmosphere this class is definitely the one for you.  I remember fall semester this was one of the first classes I tried, just because I wanted to make working out enjoyable again instead of feeling like a chore.  Rachel’s Werk It class was the first one I went to and I’m so glad it was, because she really gets everyone involved and into it. Plus, this is a great class to do with your friends, because you can all go hardcore or laugh at each other while you try.

3. Kickboxing

Honestly who needs therapy when you’ve got kickboxing.  Have a test/class/friend/roommate that’s driving you crazy and you need to blow off some steam?  I definitely recommend this class. This used to be my go-to whenever life was kicking my ass. I have to disclose that I hadn’t been to one since the beginning of the semester, but I went to a hour-long  one Monday and man I’m definitely going to be sore later. I usually prefer the Quick Kickboxing class on Tuesdays since it’s only 30 minutes, so if you’re like me and your gym visits have been sporadic lately, definitely check that one out first to ease your way into it.

4. Cycle + Core

Alright, so one of my friends (shoutout to you Marissa) is crazy about cycling, like Cycle Party is her first love.  I on the other hand, am not a cycling fanatic. Therefore, many of the 60 minute classes have felt like eternity to me.  However, I love the cycling classes that are paired with core work, because that means that usually only half the class is spent on the bike and the other half gets my abs ready for swimsuit season.  Added bonus: they now offer 45 min versions of this class, so you could shorten it up even more.

5. Vinyasa Flow Yoga

This class is a recent addition to my workout favorites.  Originally I had tried out their yoga classes in the fall semester and not liked them much, but a friend of mine pushed me to try another one this semester and I have to say I’m actually pretty impressed.  First of all, they’ve added a few new instructors which I think has definitely revitalized the classes. Secondly, they’re offering yoga much more frequently throughout the week than they had previously, so it’s much easier to fit into your schedule without having to wake up before 7am.  Lastly I think, because there are more yoga classes available it allows the class sizes to be smaller, so you can actually zone out and relax without being constantly reminded that you’re surrounded by people.

Hannah Fanset

Clemson '21

Hi, Everyone! I'm Hannah Fanset. I'm a sophomore from Rochester, NY, and I'm majoring in psychology and management. My favorite things are books, movies, traveling, eating good food and laughing way too loud.