nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
nathan fertig y0HerwKQLMk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Logic Drops Some True Knowledge

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Clarion chapter.

I recently attended a music festival where rapper Logic took the stage. During his set at Thrival Music Festival, Logic was very ill. He had to run off stage to throw up. Logic explained to the crowd how ill he was, how all he wanted to do was quit and go home to lay in bed with his wife. But, he knew that the power of his music, his lyrics, meant something to his fans. He exclaimed his love for his fans! Logic told the crowd that he would not give up, not give in, but persevere until the end of his set. He did this because he loved his fans. He has felt the pains that mental illness has caused the world. He noticed the sadness that so many people have, and managed to gather the crowd to become one cohesive group!

We were all friends that night! We all had a love for each other, a want to be alive, a want to do better and be the best versions of ourselves we could be. Logic let us know that we were all going through something, but we are never alone. The kindness could be spread!

We were aware that night. Aware of the toxic environment we have been feeding into. Aware of our hidden mental illnesses because of the stigmas associated with having them. Aware of the kindness of strangers. Aware of the love that our friends and family had for us.

That night, we were like no other! Logic managed to make a group of strangers realize their full potential.

We must keep aware of the people around us, the kindness that we see in every day small acts. We have to notice that there is good in the world, and that we are there to provide it. You never really know what someone else is going through, but just one kind word can truly make someone’s day. It can help to lift someone up when they are at rock bottom.

October is Mental Illness Awareness Month. For those suffering, whether in silence or out loud, know that you are not alone. Realize that people are there to help, you just have to ask for it. Asking for help is a tough thing, but it shows who will be truly there for you in the end.

People with mental illness do not all have to ask for help. Sometimes, they just don’t know how. So if you are a true friend, make sure that you are checking on the people that you love. Make sure that you are aware and offer whatever help you can give. Just being there for someone can make a world of difference. Put into the world what you want to get out of the world and you will be the change that the world needs to see!