This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Casper Libero chapter.

After four years since its last release, Black Mirror gets a new teaser and premiere prediction on Netflix. Although much information has not been revealed yet, the British production returns to the streaming catalog in June and features an impressive cast, starring names such as Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad), Salma Hayek (Eternals), Ben Barnes (The Punisher), among others.

Created by Charlie Brooker, the new season of the technological dystopia series promises to have a darker and more morbid look compared to the previous ones. The Netflix account itself, on YouTube, revealed that this new part is the most “unpredictable, complex and surprising of all”. On Twitter, the streaming service further increases the curiosity of fans, leaving brief subliminal messages in their posts.

Containing more chapters than the volume released in 2019, the sixth season of Black Mirror returns with five independent episodes that already have a name and synopsis released. Check below each of the titles and descriptions revealed exclusively by the American magazine Entertainment Weekly:

1- Joan is Awful 

Directed by Ally Pankiw, the season six opening episode tells the story of an ordinary woman who stumbles upon a prestige TV drama adaptation of her own life on a global streaming platform. Starring Salma Hayek, the chapter also features figures such as Annie Murphy, Michael Cera, Rob Delaney, Ben Barnes and Himesh Patel.

2- Loch Henry 

In the second chapter, a young couple travel to a sleepy town in Scotland to produce a genteel nature documentary. However, they become entangled with an intriguing local story involving shocking events from the past. The feature is directed by Sam Miller and has Samuel Blenkin, Myha’la Herrold, Daniel Portman, John Hannah and Monica Dolan in the cast.

3- Beyond the Sea 

In the episode directed by John Crowley, it depicts an alternate version of 1969, in which two men deal with the consequences of an unimaginable tragedy on a highly technological mission. The third chapter stars Aaron Paul, Josh Hartnett, Kate Mara, Auden Thornton and Rory Culkin.

4- Mazey Day 

The fourth chapter presents the story of a troubled starlet, who is pursued by invasive paparazzi while trying to deal with the aftermath of a hit-and-run incident. The plot stars Zazie Beetz, Clara Rugaard and Danny Ramirez and is directed by Uta Briesewitz.

5- Demon 79

And finally, the last episode of the season tells the narrative of a meek sales assistant, in the north of England in 1979, who receives the information that she must commit terrible acts to avoid a disaster. Starring Anjana Vasan, Paapa Essiedu, Katherine Rose Morley and David Shields and directed by Toby Haynes. This is the only episode not written solely by the series creator. The story is also co-written by the former head writer of Ms. Marvel, Bisha K. Ali.

Initially broadcast in 2011 by Channel 4, in the United Kingdom, and later purchased by Netflix in 2015, Black Mirror has become a phenomenon on the platform. Due to its well received by both the public and the specialized critics, the science fiction series received several awards, including an International Emmy in the category of Best Movie/TV Miniseries, a Peabody Award and a Rose D’Or.

—————————————————————–

The article above was edited by Giulia Howard.

Liked this type of content? Check out XO KITTY: A NO SPOILER REVIEW OF THE STORY OF LARA JEAN’S YOUNGER SISTER for another Netflix recommendation!

Marcela Abreu

Casper Libero '24

My name is Marcela and I'm a student at Cásper Líbero. I'm a bookstan, writing lover and fond of history who loves meet new people and their unique adventures.