This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Poly chapter.

Whether you’re looking for new places to eat, or you’re on a budget, this list of food that costs $11 and under can definitely help. There is food on this list which is gluten free, vegetarian and vegan. So, if you have allergies or choose to not eat meat or animal products, there are plenty of options for you. Even if you don’t have any dietary restrictions, you can always expand your palette and try a vegan or vegetarian option. Here is some of the best food in SLO for $11 and under:

Pizza Solo

The personal pizza’s at Pizza Solo are between $7.96 and $9.45 and are a good size pizza. All pizzas can have gluten free crust as well as vegan cheese substituted for other ingredients. My personal favorite is the Tuscan veggie pizza which includes: house-made pesto sauce, mozzarella, artichoke hearts, spinach, marinated tomatoes, goat cheese and topped with fresh basil.  Whatever pizza is your favorite they probably have it and for a great price!

Mama’s Meatballs 

If you’re in the mood for authentic Italian food, Mama’s Meatballs is definitely the place to go. All the panini’s at Mama’s are $10. They also come with a small Italian salad and they have vegetarian panini’s! However, if you’re not a vegetarian I would definitely recommend the meatball sandwich, which is also $10. This meatball sandwich is definitely one of the best sandwiches and has the perfect ratio of meatball, sauce and bread! If you do try the meatball sandwich grab lots of napkins because it can get a bit messy! 

Bliss Cafe

Bliss cafe is a vegan cafe, which might scare some people. But fear not, they have some great breakfast options if you find yourself in downtown San Luis Obispo in the morning. They have gluten free pancakes  with fresh fruit, vegan butter, maple syrup, and coconut whipped cream for $10.50. They also have sandwiches for $12.50, so if you need a little boost around lunch time, check out Bliss Cafe. 

Milestone Tavern 

This restaurant has a lot of different options from burgers to classic street tacos. However, if you’re looking for something around $11, their garden calzone is $11.50 and includes bell peppers, roasted tomatoes, artichoke hearts, portobello mushrooms and mozzarella cheese and is served with a side of red sauce. In case you’ve never heard of a calzone before, it’s basically a pizza folded in half and they are delicious!

Louisa’s Place

This is one of the most popular breakfast places in SLO, so if you’re lucky enough to get a seat, you should definitely try the huevos rancheros for only $10.50 and on Wednesdays you can get two for one. Louisa’s is always bustling for breakfast and if you’re a fan of pancakes or French toast, all pancakes and French toast is $11.50 and under, so you can always go to Louisa’s place for a good breakfast.

High Street Deli 

Looking for a great sandwich? Then look no further! High Street has a sandwich for everyone with both vegetarian and vegan options. At High Street Deli, if you go between 4:20 p.m. and 5:30 p.m., you can get your favorite sandwich for $6.99 and that’s one of the reasons High Street is one of our favorite places to eat in SLO.

Novo

Novo has super cute patio seating, but that’s definitely not all they have to offer. They have a lot of really good dishes at Novo, but staying $11 and under is a bit difficult at this restaurant. However, Novo offers lettuce wraps for only $10 and they are gluten free and can be vegan with the tofu option instead of the protein. Novo also serves half nachos for $11 which includes tortilla chips, black beans, white cheddar, pico de gallo, avocado, sour cream and cilantro. Even if you think Novo is out of your budget there are some options to try out.

I hope you found some cool, new restaurants to check out around San Luis Obispo. Besides getting a good meal, you won’t have to break the bank to go out with some friends and eat some good food. 

Hi I'm Lauren! I am the Campus Correspondent at Cal Poly, SLO. I am studying journalism and hope to have a career in TV broadcasting. When I'm not running around campus with a camera interviewing people, you can find me watching makeup tutorials on Youtube. I LOVE anything beauty or skincare related and I'm always looking for new makeup products! Follow me to see makeup looks, sunset pictures in SLO and all my friends! (Oh and I have some funny tweets too!)