When we think of heartbreak, we usually picture dramatically throwing ourselves onto our beds like Disney princesses and weeping into our pillow because a boy doesn’t like us back. However, as college students we are exposed to various types of heartbreaks that are different from the romantic norm:
1. Slowly watching all the classes you need to take to graduate on time fill up before your registration date
It’s fine. I didn’t want to graduate in June anyways.
2. Bombing a midterm you thought you did well on
I worked SO HARD FOR THIS CLASS.
3. Not finding a seat in the library during finals/midterms week
It’s when those who aren’t “regulars” at the library decide to show up.
4. Debating buying campus food or starving
The eternal struggle of eating Tacos-To-Go and risking stomach issues or not eating at all.
5. Checking your bank account after a night out
Uber and two-for-ones will be the death of my bank account.
6. The Starbucks line during UU hour
Not worth getting nearly trampled by the caffeine-deprived college students.
7. Friday morning classes
8. When the frat boy doesn’t text you back
It’s cool. Go play beer die and be bro-y with your bros bro.
9. Considering selling a kidney to buy a textbook (PSA: Rent them)
And honestly, you may only open the book once during the entire quarter.
10. Walking to an 8 a.m. in the rain
Because California suddenly decided it didn’t want to be in a drought #NEWYEAR #NEWME
11. 8 a.m.’s in general
12. Parking on campus
Don’t even try after 10 a.m.
13. Getting your heart broken right before finals
Really? Timing, people.
14. Seeing a dog in class or on campus and not being able to pet it
The ultimate tragedy.
Sure, college is definitely filled with its fair share of heartbreak, however you shouldn’t forget to enjoy the amazing parts, like giggling with your best friends over something that happened Friday night or taking a class in something you’re genuinely passionate about, even if it’s at 8 a.m.