kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
kike vega F2qh3yjz6Jk unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.
  1. Exercise can be fun. This time of year it’s easy to find ourselves constantly at a desk here and a desk there, overloaded with a gazillion things to do that all require, well, sitting. Your back gets hunched over and your body gets achey. Maybe you try going to the gym, but the whole time you find yourself thinking about homework, or maybe even doing homework (which is admittedly quite impressive). Unplug and get some fresh air by doing whatever works for you in the outdoors, whether it’s a hike, riding a bike, or taking a walk to a new part of campus.
  2. Stay well! The colder season means cold and flu season. According to the Center for Disease Control and Prevention, moderate exercise promotes positive changes in the immune system. 
  3. Let it go. The human body has built-in stress relievers turned on by recreational activity. And don’t forget… 
  4. Self-esteem is boosted by activities such as outdoor recreation, where one feels free and in control. 
  5. Finding yourself in nature may sound cliché, but it’s a fact. Mental engagement, self-awareness, and clearer values are all gained from the spiritual renewal of the great outdoors.
  6. Get to know someone. While getting some peace and quiet is always good, adventures with friends are often even better.
  7. Go explore. 
I am a Freshman at CLU studying Communications with an emphasis in Journalism. I write, edit, and work on the publicity team for Her Campus.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!