This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

I have always gone through periods of working out, and then I just stop. I recently realized that the problem was that I didn’t enjoy the exercises I was doing, so I was not motivated to continue with them. After trying many different types of workouts I have finally found exercises and ways that help me to enjoy the process.

It is important to note that you do not have to work out and you should only do so if you want to. If you would like, keep reading and I’ll share my top 5 tips to enjoying your workout and my favorite workout channels!

1. Listening to music helps me so much while exercising. I go onto Spotify and choose one of their workout playlists. I find that listening to upbeat and fast music helps me when exercising. 

2. Change up your exercises! One day you can do a workout video on YouTube, the next day go for a walk or run outside and get some fresh air.

3. Incorporate equipment to make it more fun! My favorite equipments to use are weights and resistance bands. This makes the workout more enjoyable and gives you something to really focus on.

4. Wear something you feel confident and good in. Putting on cute workout clothes makes you want to exercise more!

5. Get a workout buddy! Whether this is a family member or a friend, exercising with someone else can help as you can motivate and cheer each other on.

Person running
Photo by Emma Simpson from Unsplash

After trying many channels, these are my 3 favorites where I find my workout videos. 

The first is Pamela Reiff. Her YouTube channel has a variety of different workouts you can try, and most of them have good music in the background instead of just a timer. My favorite videos are her HIIT videos and dance workouts, which can be really fun when you don’t feel like doing a hard workout. 

The second is MadFit. My favorite videos of hers are the upper body workouts and dance workouts. She has many options for dance workouts ranging from 90’s music to TikTok songs. 

The third channel is Blogilates. My favorite videos on this channel are the resistance band legs workouts as well as the Pilates videos. Pilates may not look very hard, but it definitely gets your muscles burning!

"You Got This" sign with iPhone next to it
Photo by Prateek Katyal from Pexels
These are just some fun ways you can try working out if you feel like it. Remember, you don’t have to work out if you don’t want to. The best way is to listen to your body and do what you enjoy!

Beth Baker

Cal Lutheran '23

I am a senior studying Psychology with a minor in Business Administration. I am interested in fashion, beauty and makeup.