A Guide to the Newest Dairy-Free Halo Top Ice Cream Flavors

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

Chocolate

I was expecting this to taste more decadent than it did. I realize that was an unfair expectation since the ice cream is low fat and low calorie, so how rich can it really be? That said, it still tasted really good and was similar to a chocolate frozen yogurt, if you will.  

Sea Salt Caramel

Hands down, the best dairy-free flavor Halo Top released. I have purchased endless amounts of this ice cream, so thank goodness it’s low calorie and low fat!

Chocolate Covered Banana

I watched some Youtube reviews after trying all the flavors to see what other people thought. I was really shocked to see that some people enjoyed this flavor. To me, it tastes like really artificial banana candy. If you like that taste, you will love this flavor. However, it tasted too artificial and bitter for me and I would opt out of buying this flavor again.

Cinnamon Roll

This flavor would be so much more delicious if it weren’t for its after taste. The after taste was so bitter and it made the entire flavor somewhat unenjoyable. The bitterness was similar to the taste you get from eating something directly after brushing your teeth, so definitely not enjoyable. I don’t think I’ll be buying this flavor again.

Oatmeal Cookie

Tastes exactly like it sounds – oatmeal. Actually, more like just oats. I thought they were going to have chunks of oatmeal cookies embedded within the ice cream, similar to that of Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream. However, the ice cream had lots of individual oat flakes. It added a bit of chewiness but it wasn’t something I liked. 

• dairy free
  • delicious
  • fitness
  • food
  • health
  • ice cream
  • vegan
  • Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!