This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Cal Lutheran chapter.

When my school started online classes in March, I was worried that I would not be able to stay motivated. The transition was especially difficult for me because I had a job prior to quarantine and had a routine that kept me constantly moving and busy. I started to plan ways that I could have my own routine at home that kept me busy and made the transition a little easier. I will be sharing some of my tips that helped me stay motivated for zoom classes!

1. Set a Morning Routine

One thing that I learned while taking online classes is that it is hard to stay focused during class if I did not get ready that morning! I strongly believe that planning out a morning routine will help you stay focused during the day. The morning routine that I set for myself is: waking up an hour before my morning class, washing my face, brushing my teeth, getting dressed, and eating breakfast before class! This helps me stay focused because during class I am not thinking about what I am going to wear that day or what I am going to eat for breakfast. 

Skincare morning routine
Kevin Laminto

2. Study a Little Bit Everyday

This is a perfect study tip to help you stay successful in all your classes! What I have started doing while in quarantine is studying a little bit every day for an upcoming test. The best time to start a paper/project/ study is the day you find out about the assignment. This helps to prevent cramming and extra stress that might develop during this time!

MacBook Air on white desk beside gold-colored study lamp and spiral books
Arnel Hasanovic, Unsplash

3. Try Making Your Bed

Making my bed every morning helps me start the day on a good foot! While I am in class, my room starts to get a little unorganized. Papers are on the floor, my books are always next to my chair, and I always have a snack next to me! By making my bed, it adds more order in my room and creates a positive atmosphere!

Adam Winger via Unsplash

4. Leave a Candle Burning

This tip seems so simple but makes all the difference! Lighting a candle in my room keeps me relaxed throughout the day. This is a beneficial and easy way to practice self-care. Candles help me ease my mind of stress by providing me with a calm and peaceful atmosphere while I am in class!

Ellieelien
Ellieelien / Unsplash

I hope these small tips make a big difference in your Zoom experience! I wish you all a successful semester!

Elysia Williams

Cal Lutheran '22

HI! My name is Elysia but you can call me Sia for short. I am a leader of Delight Ministries at Cal Lutheran and a writer for Her Campus. In my free time, I am usually with my friends or family making memories.
Follow us at HCCallutheran on Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, and Facebook!