This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

Welcome back, everyone!

I will say, I’ve had some ups and downs this semester already, but I seem to be coming to a better place. I’ve done alright with my midterms, and while I am doing ever poorer in Algebra, I’m doing all I can to keep that grade at a passing level, so I’m counting it as a win.

These past few weeks have definitely been a bit of a funk. I’ve noticed that I have a habit of taking on too much and that when it comes to the point where I can’t do everything, I tend to cut down on my personal well-being. For example, if I have a lot of exams I’ll skip washing my hair that week to cram in some extra studying. This can get increasingly worse depending on the workload I am handling. This week though I’ve tried to do a little better with time management. I’m doing more work earlier in the week, rather than letting it pile up and stress me out toward the end of it. 

I’ve been doing a lot more self-care physically this week. Fixing up my general hygiene, getting another acne product to(hopefully) finally cut it out once and for all, getting a good amount of sleep, and water, and keeping my face clean. These are all things that shouldn’t be a problem usually, but they’re all little things I’ve struggled to maintain while pushing all my energy into schoolwork and my actual job. Keeping an eye on myself is important, and I’m hoping to be able to restore a better balance between maintaining good grades and keeping my personal hygiene at a good level. 

Until next time, stay healthy and happy!

Bryn Keeffe

C of C '26

Hello! My name is Bryn, and I'm a marketing and arts management major from the College of Charleston.