This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

As the semester wraps up, I can’t help but feel a little swamped with everything coming up. I had assumed that the upcoming fall break would give me a well-deserved rest, as well as several days off I had last week, but here I am, struggling to maintain basic needs as schoolwork swamps me. It’s another massive exam week, with not just two exams and an off-campus lab no one in the class can get to, but another project and a slideshow I need to finish up. What fun! 

I’ve been given a lot to think about with everything going on. I’m struggling with work/school and life balance, as well as with my counseling, as my therapist for this semester was an intern so she’ll be leaving next semester. I’m feeling pretty lost, and a little like I’m floundering. Okay, a lot like I’m floundering. While all of this is no fun, it has given me a better idea of what I can handle for next semester. I know for sure I’m not doubling up on math, and that I’m probably going to take history instead of science, just to give myself a break from the lab as well. I’m hoping to knock out some more gen-eds, doing as much as I can in these earlier years before I get to more difficult classes, while also not running myself into the ground. My goal for the rest of this semester is to properly manage myself and pull myself back from the edge, and while I can’t quite figure out how now, it’s something I’m happily considering for later.

Bryn Keeffe

C of C '26

Hello! My name is Bryn, and I'm a marketing and arts management major from the College of Charleston.