This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C of C chapter.

It’s easy to get lost in the routine of school and homework and forget to take time to give yourself a break. Chances are, you spend a majority of your weekdays in class, finishing notes, working on assignments or studying for upcoming exams, which can get overwhelming pretty fast. Due-dates and deadlines add to the already existing pressures of school, making it seem like there is never enough time to get it all done. 

Well, there is

In order to prevent a full-blown mental breakdown, it’s important to set aside a little bit of time every day to focus on something non-school related. This will not only give your brain a *well deserved* break, but also allow your body to relieve some of the stress that piles up throughout the day. Here are 5 things you can do when you need a quick break from school:

Be active

Go for a run or a bike ride, walk your dog around the block, go to the gym, or do some yoga in your living room. Moving around and being active will help relieve stress and allow your mind to focus better when you get back to hitting the books. 

Take a bath

Light some candles, put on a face mask and drop a fizzy bath bomb in the tub- it’s time to relax.

Hangout with friends

Catching up with friends is always one of my favorite ways to de-stress after a busy day. Text someone to comeover or Facetime a friend and talk about something completely unrelated to school!

Cook or bake something

You’re going to have to eat eventually, so why not take this opportunity to try something new? Find a new meal or sweet treat (Pinterest exists for a reason) that gets your stomach growling, then have fun in the adventure of making it.

Get crafty

Whether your’e good at it or not, being creative is one of the easiest and most fun ways to de-stress and give yourself a mental break. So pick up a paint brush or some colorful thread and channel your inner artist! 

Whether you have five minutes or five hours to spare, dedicating some time to resting and resetting everyday will help you from losing yourself within your schoolwork. 

Beach Lover. Online Shopping Guru. Bulldog Enthusiast. Do good & be well.