This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

Whether you’re a freshman coming to college for the first time or a returning student, the start of a new school year means the start of much more promises than simply making it to every class.

Like promises to get fit and keep that freshman 15 off, or get your freshman 15 off. 

Usually those promises end in a few weeks with “I don’t have time” or “I don’t have the money”, but with these free, quick and easy workout programs you can finally stick to a workout program without spending time aways from homework and breaking your checking account. 

1. Nike Training App > Works with iPhone, iPad, and iPods: This app is mainly geared towards girls that gives a lot of choices pertaining to time, focus points, and skill level. You can do 15, 30, or 45 minute workouts that are specific to one body part or all body parts. You don’t need any equipment and in some cases, very little space. 

2. Blogilates > This website is a great resource for those who are interested in pilates or yoga. Simply look up the channel on YouTube or go to Blogilates.com and follow the short workouts. These workouts require no equipment and as another resource, this website offers 30-day challenges that you can do with friends. It is very interactive. 

3. BodyRock TV > This is another great website for at home workouts for those who are a little more advanced in their exercise knowledge. The workouts vary in time and some require equipment, but you can find things around your dorm or apartment to interchange.

4. Ashley Conrad’s 21 Day Clutch Cut > It’s free, only lasts 21 days, easy to follow, and has step by step instructions for success! Could it get any easier? This program is the only one to include a meal plan, which can be intimidating, but simple research about the foods can help make it easier for you. This program comes from Bodybuilding.com, so girls don’t be afraid and think this is going to make you manly because it won’t. The website in itself is an extremely helpful resource to help you learn about exercise and nutrition.

These practically do all the work for you, telling you what to do, for how long, and how many times. They’re perfect for college students (free) and great for those of you who don’t have a lot of time on your hands because they’re not time based.

Make this year about your health and being a great student will come easier because you’ll have more energy and focus. 

I'm an 20-year-old college girl trying to get my life together. I'm majoring in News Editorial Public Relations some kind of Journalism at Central Michigan University and hoping one day I'll love every minute of it.Eat, Pray, Love is the first book I've ever read whose style is comparable to my own. Read that book, like it, and you might have a sweet tooth for my writing. If not, well, I'm not one to lose sleep over people not liking me. Other than writing my days are spent in class, at the gym, or in my room tearing my hair out because I procrastinated on my homework. Did I mention I like cats?