timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
timon studler BIk2ANMmNz4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

10 Songs to Ease the Stress of Midterms

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at C Mich chapter.

It’s midterm season. We’re all stressed beyond belief, facing multiple exams, assignments and essays all in the span of one or two weeks. So, I created a list of songs just for you.

Below are ten songs that I can (almost) guarantee will put a smile on your face. Music is a powerful mood lifter and I hope these songs help you as much as they help me. Enjoy!

“On the Sunny Side of the Street” by Dizzy Gillespie, Sonny Stitt, and Sonny Rollins 

This piece never fails to make me smile. Even if you aren’t a jazz fan, I really believe that everyone can dance and sing along with Dizzy at the end of the tune.

“Footloose” by Kenny Loggins 

No words needed.

“Animal Spirits” by Vulfpeck 

Vulfpeck knows how to get down, if you know what I mean.

“Hakuna Matata” from The Lion King 

Let those worries gooooooooo.

“Smile” by Uncle Kracker 

A classic.

“Raise Your Glass” by Pink 

There really is something freeing when you listen to Pink. What a woman.

“I’m Not Famous” by AJR 

I highly suggest watching the music video with this one. You won’t regret it.

“Feeling Good” by Michael Buble 

There may be some Michael Buble haters out there, but trust me, this one is good.

“The World is Getting Smaller” by Snarky Puppy 

Mmmmm, this one has such a good groove!

“Boogie Shoes” by KC and the Sunshine Band

This song comes from my childhood, but it’s still a bop.

Happy listening!

Abigail Shepard is a junior at Central Michigan University studying music and psychology. She is the alto saxophone player in Kefi Quartet and the lead alto of CMU's Jazz Lab. She is also treasurer of To Write Love On Her Arms, a mental health advocacy group on campus, and an undergraduate researcher in the Psychology Department. Outside of school, Abigail loves drinking tea, petting cats, and exploring nature.