This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Bucknell chapter.

In a state of grogginess, you roll over in your bed to stop the screeching sound of your alarm clock. Feeling bloated, stressed and, perhaps, a little hungover, you are tempted to roll back over and waste your day away with Netflix and food. Lots and lots of food. When you fall into an unhealthy spiral of partying, not exercising and not sleeping it becomes hard to stay motivated on your school work and your health. Although letting loose and having fun is good for you and your mood, it is also very vital to stay aware of how you’re treating your body. If you keep battering yourself down, it’ll have a strong effect on how you further treat yourself and others around you. 

Ok, so now how do you improve your self-care? Well, this is the part where YOU start taking control of your decisions and deciphering what is right for you and what might be… not-so right. 

If you want to improve self-care for your body

I’m sure we all have been told to always eat our veggies and to be active. Well, that is probably the best advice on how you can treat your body properly. Drive by that oh-so tempting Taco Bell Drive-Thru and cook your own meal full of hearty and healthy foods. While you’re at it, go on a walk through your neighborhood instead of watching an extra episode of Greys Anatomy on Netflix. We have all been told these tips once in our lifetime but if you really want to change how you feel, start with sleeping, eating well and exercising more! 

If you want to improve self-care for your mind:

When your health is all over the place, so is your mind. Thought after thought is always racing through your head and you feel like you have no sense of control. This is why it is important to let yourself breathe. Take a few seconds out of your day to close your eyes and take five deep breaths. It’ll help reset your thoughts and declutter your mind. We are all wrapped up in the world of social media, so to further improve your health, take a break from it all. Switch everything to airplane mode and enjoy the people you’re with! 

You won’t only stop asking yourself why your life is such a mess but you will notice all of the physical, mental and social boosts you will feel. 

To check out more ways you can increase your self-care check out: https://tinybuddha.com/blog/45-simple-self-care-practices-for-a-healthy-mind-body-and-soul/

Jenna Kline- PR/Event Intern/Sorority Representative Jenna is a sophomore majoring in Public Relations and minoring in business and leadership. She is the PR/Event Intern as well as the Alpha Epsilon Phi Sorority Representative for Her Campus UFL. She is very excited and enthusiastic about being involved with this organization as this is her first year working with Her Campus UFL. She is also a sister of Alpha Epsilon Phi, and she is involved with Student Government Productions. She loves to spend time with her family, play basketball, hang out with her sorority sisters, cheer on the Gators, and be a dedicated Miami Heat fan.
Olivia is a junior writer and VP Tech for Her Campus Bucknell. She loves being on the Her Campus team because it's a unique platform for college women to support one another. Outside of Her Campus, Olivia is obsessed with her Westie, a lover of all things coral, and a muffin fanatic.